Lock dissappeared for guest editors

I’ve noticed, that the lock is not available for guest editors anymore. They have no ability to lock and unlock items on my board. But I haven’t found info about this change in a “What’s New”. Does anyone know smth about it?

Lena Shenkarenko 3 years ago

@ALONA MOROZ – correct, we updated the Guest Editors functionality. You can learn more in Miro Changelog. 

@Isman Tanuri and @andyvdg – hopefully, you will find this resource helpful as well – it’s updated weekly with all of our most recent product changes. 

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Woo hoo! That's the best news this morning. Miro does take a while to make official announcements when they roll out new features.

*Sings* It's going to be a great day!

Userlevel 3

Awesome! No more telling participants to not unlock stuff! Thanks for listening @miro! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@ALONA MOROZ – correct, we updated the Guest Editors functionality. You can learn more in Miro Changelog. 

@Isman Tanuri and @andyvdg – hopefully, you will find this resource helpful as well – it’s updated weekly with all of our most recent product changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Lena Shenkarenko The Changelog is so helpful, thank you! Good to know what's cooked and ready to eat :)

Userlevel 1

This a great feature that was definitely needed… But is there a way to allow some locking privilege to some guest editors? 

We create a lot of our workshop boards in collaboration with partners who are not necessarily part of the same Miro team. It would be annoying to have to assign a team ‘locker’ throughout the board design process.

Maybe a setting under ‘share’ where guest editor can lock/unlock and another where they can’t? Or ability to grant permission to some users? 

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

First of all, I’m very happy to see this new feature, which was heavily requested and will definetely limit accidents during workshops. 

However, this becomes an issue while creating boards for workshops in collaboration with partners. We are not all necessarily on the same Miro team and cannot invite them to the same team while we work on a shared board. The new feature blocks those partners/guest editors from being able to fully work on the board.

Is there an option to allow some guest editors to lock/unlock and different level of limiting privileges (that can be changed before the workshop). I’d hate to have to assign a person to lock/unlock everything for the guest editors working on setting up the board.

Again, thanks Miro for the new feature, but it might be a bit extreme in its current form. 

Best,

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim Giger -

As Miro does “reuse” anonymous guest editor names if you have enough of them in a session, how would you see this working? I could definitely see it working with “named” users…

Kiron

Userlevel 1

It's not just anonymous guest editors though, not even guest editors with their own personal accounts cannot use the lock/unlock feature. 

Just brainstroing here, but there could be an option under “share: anyone with the link” for participants to be allowed to edit (+lock) and edit (no lock). 

Or just allow some guest accounts to get certain privileges on a given board. 

Tim,

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Tim Giger, thanks for your feedback – we’re currently exploring how we can enhance workshop experience. If you’re up for testing some of the upcoming functionality, I can let the product team know they can reach out to you. 

Do you know if this change ( not allowing guest editors to lock / unlock) applies for non logged in guests or all guests? 

Interesting. NOT in the release notes - which is not good - since this has created confusion already. And for those of us that bring in producers to help with classes, they can’t make changes - there are work arounds - but a bummer to find that out by doing a search for the problem, WHILE I am helping someone with a class and now can’t help them.  Not clear why this would not be in the feature list?  Did I miss this?  Do we need to check both the new feature list and the change log - or just the change log I guess (sounds like a better approach)?  This is big enough that since most of us have developed work arounds for it, it requires us to change things and even buy more licenses.  

Userlevel 1

As there is the new function - only I can unlock - is on, is there a possibility to give guest editors the rights to lock/unlock?

Greetings Jan - Germany

There are many situations where you WANT guest editors to be able to lock and unlock. Having an additional permission level, such as “Editor” and “Contributor”, where Editors can lock and unlock, while Contributors (or “Author”s) cannot lock and unlock would really help me.

As a consultant (with a Miro Consultant account), I often work with other consultants or employees to craft boards together for training or coaching. Sometimes they have their own Miro accounts, but adding them as an extra expense to me seems, well, expensive, but also unreasonable.

Can we have a bit more control over Guests, creating a new permission level to allow lock and unlock?

I requested this ability to permit [un]lock for guests in this feature request. Vote for it if you want it. https://community.miro.com/ideas/request-add-guest-senior-editor-un-lock-capability-permission-level-10206