Install Jira without admin configuration with OAuth 2.0

• 10 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey fam đź‘‹,

OAuth 2.0 is here! And with it comes improved security and stricter compliance protocols, creating a stronger authentication between Miro and Jira. 

Note: OAuth 2.0 is only supported for Jira Cloud customers. Jira Server & Data Center customers will still need to use OAuth 1.0x.

What is OAuth 2.0: 

It is an industry standard protocol for authorization. To learn more about OAuth 2.0 as a technical concept, click here.

What it means for Miro users:

When authenticating the Jira integration with OAuth 2.0, users can import issues from multiple Jira instances into a board.

What Miro users need to do:

Existing Jira Integration user

New user

No action required. 

However, if you want to update your authentication method from OAuth 1.0x to OAuth 2.0 (specific to Jira Cloud customers), a Miro Admin will need to update the Jira integration settings following these instructions <<here>> 

Interested in installing and using the Jira integration?

All you need to do is install the Jira integration yourself from the Miro marketplace.

Give it a try!

For any other questions, leave us a comment below.

Shubangi

7 replies

@Shubangi Sunder, the “<<here>>” is not a link.

>... a Miro Admin will need to update the Jira integration settings following these instructions <<here>> 

We are having issues with our OAuth 2.0 integration pushing Jira updates to the cards in Miro and would like to confirm we haven’t missed anything.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Fergus Watson - I suspect the “<<here>>“ link should be:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8588617184402

Thanks @Robert Johnson.  I was hoping that wasn’t the case as I’ve followed that page and can’t get the Jira to Miro updates working.  Miro pushing changes to Jira works fine.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I’m open to suggestions on what might have been missed.  Refreshing the Miro board doesn’t work. Nor does logging out and in again.  Deleting the personal integration (not Team) does cause the board to be refreshed however, that’s a cumbersome work around.

Userlevel 4

Hi, it is this link: https://oauth.net/2/
Let me loop @Callum Jefferies here. Callum, could you help? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Fergus Watson (@Ferg),

Have you reviewed this help page? https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572654

It has some troubleshooting steps that might help out with your issue.

If nothing there works, please go ahead and raise a support request - with this we can capture all the detail we need to fix your issue.

Callum

Thanks @Callum Jefferies,

I’d found that page too, however it’s references to OAuth are 1.0, not 2.0.

I’ll raise a support ticket and see where we get.

Many thanks

for your input team. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shubangi Sunder, the “<<here>>” is not a link.

>... a Miro Admin will need to update the Jira integration settings following these instructions <<here>> 

We are having issues with our OAuth 2.0 integration pushing Jira updates to the cards in Miro and would like to confirm we haven’t missed anything.

Many thanks.

@Fergus Watson - I am experiencing this too. I will start a dedicated post for this, open a support ticket, and @mention you in the new post.