Import diagrams from Lucidchart, Microsoft Visio and Draw.io (vsdx file format)

Userlevel 6

Hi everyone,

You can now import vsdx files into Miro, this allows you to transfer diagrams from Lucidchart, Microsoft Visio, and Draw.io/Diagramming.net into Miro, so you and your team can collaborate and diagram in one tool.

• Diagrams are fully editable in Miro
  • Miro supports bulk import (import multiple diagrams in one go)
  • Continue diagramming in an easy, intuitive tool that your entire team can use

You can find a detailed how-to import from Lucidchart, Microsoft Visio, or Draw.io/Diagramming.net on our Help Center.

Happy diagramming!

Turner 

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is it possible to import draw.io diagrams? | Miro

Userlevel 6

Hi @Christophe GESCHÉ yes! If you export to .vsdx from Drawio you can import into Miro.

Hello,

Thank you for this feature, this is fantastic.

I have recently joined Miro (moving from Draw.io), we have a few complex diagrams but I am unable to import them into Miro. I receive an error “We couldn’t import your file. Please try again or select a different file.

I tried importing a simple diagram and also removing any URL links etc and I still get the same issue.

Draw.io Test Project 348KB

Some of our projects are quite complex & would take a considerable amount of time to rebuild in Miro, please can you advise on any potential solutions?

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for this feature, this is fantastic.

I have recently joined Miro (moving from Draw.io), we have a few complex diagrams but I am unable to import them into Miro. I receive an error “We couldn’t import your file. Please try again or select a different file.

I tried importing a simple diagram and also removing any URL links etc and I still get the same issue.

Draw.io Test Project 348KB

Some of our projects are quite complex & would take a considerable amount of time to rebuild in Miro, please can you advise on any potential solutions?

Thank you

I seem to be able to import if I split my project tabs into separate files in Draw.io, so far I have managed import my complex diagrams.  If anyone else has the same issue, I suggest you give it a try. Also copy & paste to blank Draw.io diagram then export, appears to work with less complex diagrams.​​​​​​

Hi @Stewart Mitchell , 

I work at Miro, and I'm responsible for this feature. Please send me a DM with more details and, if possible, an example. We will look into it.

Thanks a lot!

Hello, 

I have a same issue with the importing of diagrams from Visio to Miro. After the file selection and uploading the file, I get the same error message as @Stewart Mitchell

Do you have any idea how to help? 

Thank you.
Josef 

Hi @Josef Pokorny,

Please send me a DM with more details and, if possible, an example. We will look into it.

Thanks

Userlevel 6

Hi all, there’s now an alternative way of importing your diagrams into Miro. Check out my post on the draw.io integration by Miro.

Hello, I am getting the same error as above. I am trying to import a Lucid Chart into Miro

Hello - i can import a Visio diagram, but am unable to edit - the ‘pencil’ icon is unavailable for example - is this a feature available in Business….?