A Visual Update to Miro Dashboard Thumbnails

• 29 August 2023
  • 20 replies
A Visual Update to Miro Dashboard Thumbnails

Hi Community,

We want to let you know about an upcoming visual change to your Miro dashboard. As part of a design update, the illustrations of your board thumbnails will change. This update will take place on September 6, 2023. 

This change will only take place on thumbnails with Miro-provided illustrations. Boards where you selected a board area preview or uploaded an image as the thumbnail will not be affected. To make this change as seamless as possible, the new illustrations have the same intent as the previous ones. There will also be minor changes to the UI, but the most noticeable change will be the board thumbnails, which is why we wanted to give you — our community — a heads up first.

Let us know your thoughts or if you have any questions for our team in the comments below 💬  

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Miro Community - Thanks for the update!

There will also be minor changes to the UI

Knowing about UI changes (either before, or the moment they are pushed out) would be very useful not only for our sanity (right, @Said Saddouk?), but also to reduce the risk of being caught off-guard during a live session, e.g., an action was moved to a submenu and you end up looking silly as you fumble around trying to find it.

Do you have a link to a news or help page that shows what the new thumbnails will look like? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For a later comparison, here they are as of 30-Aug-2023 @ 8:30 AM UTC-6:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Do you have a link to a news or help page that shows what the new thumbnails will look like? 

Hi @Krigh! Our team will be sharing more details on this change soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Krigh - What I am seeing as of 9pm UTC-6 – dimmed out the ones that appeared to have not changed:

Seeing these new thumbnails, along with similar colours/styling appearing in the Miroverse (not the template site, but the Miroscape?), is perhaps a glimpse of some more visual identify changes to come?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Krigh. I wanted to follow up in this thread to show you a comparison of the new thumbnail images and the old ones. As you can see, they are different in style but similar in intent. I hope that's helpful! We’ll be sharing more updates around changes similar to this in the weeks to come 👍🏾

Userlevel 2

Loving the look of the new thumbnails!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Another update: avatar colours - some now matching Miro’s branding (I’m 99% sure this new):

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The new thumbnails were present for me on September 1st, but have since disappeared.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Community! Release date for this change has been updated to September 6, 2023. Thanks for your patience as we get things ready for you 🚀

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

On a related note, read about the Miro’s new visual identify system here → https://miro.com/blog/miro-vis/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Miro Community Team / @Manouska - Sharing @Christophe GESCHÉ ‘s comments about the new thumbnails from this post:

Now it’s very hard to see the 3 dots in top right of the thumbnail

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Miro Community Team / @Manouska - Sharing @Christophe GESCHÉ ‘s comments about the new thumbnails from this post:

Thanks for flagging @Robert Johnson! We’ll have the team take a look!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Miro Community Team / @Manouska - Sharing @Christophe GESCHÉ ‘s comments about the new thumbnails from this post:

Thanks for flagging @Robert Johnson! We’ll have the team take a look!

As replyed in my thread, I discover that the problem can disappear when I try to disable the enterprise vpn. But come bask as the VPN is mandatory by my company

Hi,
Not sure if I’ve missed something with the new look icons but has the ability to add your own thumbnail from an area of the board been removed?  I really liked this feature but can’t find it anymore.  

Thanks

Hi,
Not sure if I’ve missed something with the new look icons but has the ability to add your own thumbnail from an area of the board been removed?  I really liked this feature but can’t find it anymore.  

Thanks

I’ve noticed the same thing. I almost exclusively used board area images rather than thumbnail images, but can’t do that anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Heather Stockwell / @Benjamin Morrow - You should be able to select an area of a board as the thumbnail, but two things to note:

1. You need to be the board owner and
  2. you need to do this from within the board, and not from the dashboard.

For example:

@Heather Stockwell / @Benjamin Morrow - You should be able to select an area of a board as the thumbnail, but two things to note:

1. You need to be the board owner and
  2. you need to do this from within the board, and not from the dashboard.

For example:

That option is definitely missing for me. Good to know the feature is still there! I’ll submit a support request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Benjamin Morrow - When you open the board and click on the board title, do you have the delete button?

Yes, I do. The owner is also listed as me.