[RESOLVED] Some objects are stuck at the same place and won't move

• 26 September 2021
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 2

I have many boards on different accounts and I see the same lag. I tried to move frames, stickers, tables, mindmaps, shapes, it just randomly happens to any of the elements on a board. When I try to drag it to another place, it moves, but the moment I release it, it bounces back to where it was. None of the elements are locked. They are just stuck in random places. Does anybody know what I can do about it? It’s really annoying and frustrating. 

Yvain 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for addressing the issue, we are truly sorry you faced it.

Our team is currently working on a fix and we'll definitely keep you updated on the progress.

You can also follow all updates about this bug on our status page.

Please, bear with us! 

EDIT: Our developers have just fixed the issue, and the app is now back up and running for all users. Please let us know if anything goes wrong, we'll be sure to keep the investigation going.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

32 replies

When I try to change mind map it doesn’t work at all. 

It isn’t locked but I cannot move, add new node, change text.

How can I solve this problem?

I’m using Mac OS Big Sur 11.6, Chrome 94.0.4606.61. 

(In secret mode it doesn’t work too)

please watch the video from 13seconds

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elli -

Are you accessing Miro via a browser? If so, can you try clearing the cache and browser history and then stop and restart your browser and see if the issue recurs?

Kiron

Userlevel 2

@Kiron Bondale 
I tried everything and these methods literally never worked for me. I also found that people had the same issue before with Kanban and there was no solution for that. Now it’s happens with any element. I can’t edit/ move/ delete the elements that are stuck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elli -

The Kanban board issue with “stuck” cards has been isolated to that object and has been reproduced by a number of folks over the past year. The issue you are experiencing appears to be a new one. 

Do you see the same behavior if you try using the Miro desktop app?

If you are able to consistently reproduce it, I’d recommend opening a support request with Miro and send them a link to a Loom (or other solution) video where you show the behavior occurring. You can open a support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

I have many boards on different accounts and I see the same lag. I tried to move frames, stickers, tables, mindmaps, shapes, it just randomly happens to any of the elements on a board. When I try to drag it to another place, it moves, but the moment I release it, it bounces back to where it was. None of the elements are locked. They are just stuck in random places. Does anybody know what I can do about it? It’s really annoying and frustrating. 

I have exactly the same problem that you describe. 
And no matter if I open the File via browser, via Mac App or via Mobile App – the same behaviour occurs on random object. 

I have observed something similar.

1. User A copies and pastes a note
  2. They cannot edit or move that note
  3. No other use can edit or move that note
  4. The note is not showing as locked, nor is the frame containing it

In some cases, User A can edit and move, but no one else can.

Also, adding a note to a frame that I just created results in the not disappearing. Very weird.

This is true for users running Chrome, Firefox, whatever the Microsoft one is, on Windows and Mac. So clearly not device specific. When I searched this forum it appears that this is a problem that has affected many users overtime under varied and random conditions which is worrying because it means this problem is harder to replicate and fix.

Any updates appreciated as you look pretty stupid as a facilitator when Miro randomly stops behaving like it has up until now.

(No need to paste a “We’re sorry” comment, just let me know when it’s fixed, thanks team!)

Same here. Please fix.

I’m having the same experience on Edge/Chrome/Firefox, on Windows. Also tested in Edge on Linux.

Miro is currently unusable for me, except for displaying existing content - I can’t add/manipulate anything on a board.

Edit: the occurs on all my existing boards, but I can’t reproduce it on a newly created board.

My suspicion is that objects randomly start (and stop?) behaving like they are locked, regardless of whether their actual status is locked, or not.

I create a shape, was moving it around, locking and unlocking, adding notes “on top” of it. Now I randomly can’t make changes to this shape at all.

I usually use FigJam but have a client who uses Miro. It’s been fine for the last few months, but not today. Now I hate using Miro.

Hello,

My team is having trouble with multiple boards. Suddenly we cannot resize, move, or delete random items and even frames. They are not locked. Any ideas? Thanks

I have serious issues with using miro in the last 2 days. My team members can not edit the boards, because they can not see their own activities, only the activities of others.

Example to understand my issue:

Member "A" try to relocate a sticky note, but this person complaining about that it does not move, however as board owner and team admin I see that this person managed it successfully. And it is true in the realion of member "A" and "B", "B" and "C" etc. So it means that any other person can see the result of a given action only the actor does not see it on his / her own screen.

Same for my whole Team :( 

We have the same issue today across boards, so maybe it is something in Miro itself and not browser / user specific. 

Hi, 

we are experiencing the same issue!

Some edits I cannot even see, whereas my colleagues can. I have also had trouble even inserting or deleting sticky notes. I also cannot drag certain shapes. I figured that for some issues removing and reinserting the frame helps, however that effect is temporary.

We are using the desktop app.

It must be a general issues with miro atm. 

I have the same ploblem. All objects I move jump to their previous places.

It was really disapointing while I had a lesson.

When the ploblem will be fixed?

I have the same problem! I cannot add objects or modify any of them on my own board, though I was able to do so a couple of minutes ago. I cannot even delete anything! I checked the nav mode and everything is alright. Please help :( Tried 2 different browsers on the same PC, nothing worked out! 

Same Here, Please fix urgently, we cannot use miro at present, 

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem since yesterday evening.

same issue here and meanwhile the issue happens all over the board(s). When I start a new board it seems to work again but only for a short moment then the same issue happens again. 

Practically Miro is not longer usable for me.

Environment: OSX 11.5.2, Safari, Edge, OSX app, same issue everywhere.

I am on a payed plan

created a support ticket: #345349 (not sure if you can access this)

i created a ticket for this:
https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/345328

Looks like the Team is working on it

@elli i hope it was okay to copy & quote your text ;) 

Same issue here! however, we have 44 frames, and objects in frame 27 and above is stuck. Objects below, and including frame 26, can be moved. 

just received a Miro update request, relaunched the app, and seems to work again! 

ugly issue but with a quick fix! THX!

I was too optimistic. Version 0.6.1 is not fixing this issue! It worked for a short moment, same issue again! Here the link to my ticket: https://help.miro.com/hc/requests/345349

Doesn’t look like we can access the ticket that you linked, @Pascal Müller.

The total lack of communication from Miro is extremely frustrating considering our distributed org is starting to grind to a halt as more people are impacted by this issue. I can’t find any acknowledgement of the issue anywhere from Miro themselves. Are there Miro employees on this forum?

just received a Miro update request, relaunched the app, and seems to work again! 

Are you saying the App prompted you to update it or someone from Miro asked you to relaunch the app?

Are you saying the App prompted you to update it or someone from Miro asked you to relaunch the app?

...updated from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1 but the issue is NOT fixed. Worked only for a short moment.