Images break when exporting to PDF

Hi there, 

I found this thread, which is closed for commenting now, but I am having this exact problem. 

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-images-break-when-exporting-to-pdf-443

I’m on Mac using the app on a Team Plan. I exported three frames on Friday. Two of them had broken pictures, one did not. I tried it again today (Monday) with the broken frames having changed nothing in the frames and now more of the images are broken. I tried it through the browser version and fewer of the images were broken, but still enough broken images to be a real problem. 

My clients need these PDFs, please help!!!!

Jared Fiorino 2 years ago

Thank you Kiron, 

I spoke with support this morning. They had a few solutions, one of them being to use Miro via Google Chrome, which is odd since I would imagine the app is the ideal platform. Personally, I prefer the app. Either way, going to try some of the suggestions made by support:

Can you please try the following and see if it does the trick:

1. Switch to the Chrome browser (it provides the best experience with our service);
  2. Close all background browser tabs and apps running on your device. This will redirect all processing power of your device to the export procedure. 
  3. Divide the board into several frames and export each frame separately. I'm afraid there can be difficulties with exporting too large boards.
  4. Downsize the uploaded images with the help of any image manipulation program (for example, GIMP).
  5. If nothing seems to help, can you please try splitting the board (by cutting a large portion of board content into a new board) and see if you are able to export each board?
  6. In some cases, switching to a faster network (trying VPNs) or device may also be helpful.

Please note that the export procedure depends on several factors: 

• First of all, it depends on the board content itself: if the board contains a large number of widgets, it may cause a disruption in the export process. 
  • This is why splitting your board into smaller parts helps run the export. 
  • Also, we recommend having the zoom rate set to ~100% for optimal performance.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Timo Munich 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!
Well, you can contact support team by following this guide https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799

This same issue keeps happening to me and other people in the company I work for. It’s very irritating as this is preventing us from completely transitioning from Keynote to Miro. What is the solution?

Thank you,

Jared

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jared Fiorino -

can you confirm if this is happening with both the low and high quality export options from Miro? What are you seeing instead of the actual images?

Kiron

It seems to be happening with only the “Best Quality” option. Which is what we need for presentation purposes. The images appear as broken image icons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jared Fiorino -

There was a similar issue a few weeks ago which the Miro team resolved, but that was reproducible by all. I just tried to replicate the situation and couldn’t so it likely is specific to the images you are using (e.g. their resolution, format or something else).

I’d suggest opening a Miro support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Thank you Kiron, 

I spoke with support this morning. They had a few solutions, one of them being to use Miro via Google Chrome, which is odd since I would imagine the app is the ideal platform. Personally, I prefer the app. Either way, going to try some of the suggestions made by support:

Can you please try the following and see if it does the trick:

1. Switch to the Chrome browser (it provides the best experience with our service);
  2. Close all background browser tabs and apps running on your device. This will redirect all processing power of your device to the export procedure. 
  3. Divide the board into several frames and export each frame separately. I'm afraid there can be difficulties with exporting too large boards.
  4. Downsize the uploaded images with the help of any image manipulation program (for example, GIMP).
  5. If nothing seems to help, can you please try splitting the board (by cutting a large portion of board content into a new board) and see if you are able to export each board?
  6. In some cases, switching to a faster network (trying VPNs) or device may also be helpful.

Please note that the export procedure depends on several factors: 

• First of all, it depends on the board content itself: if the board contains a large number of widgets, it may cause a disruption in the export process. 
  • This is why splitting your board into smaller parts helps run the export. 
  • Also, we recommend having the zoom rate set to ~100% for optimal performance.

Hi,

I’m experiencing a similar issue when exporting to JPG.

I have a simple arrow in its own frame (not an imported image, created with native Miro shape tools) and when I export, it just cuts off the end!! I’ve tried exporting on desktop (iOS) app and from the web app and the same problem keeps happening.

I experienced the same issue last week with a more complex frame and eventually it worked, now I’ve tried more than 10 times and it keeps getting cut off. So frustrating!

This is what I’m trying to export, there’s literally nothing simpler than this

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@spragier -

Which shape are you using? I tried replicating what you did with the arrow shape, a rectangle, and a triangle (for the tail end notch) and when I exported it to a medium resolution JPG, the frame exported correctly?

Exported image:

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Thanks for putting the time and effort! It’s a combination of a simple arrow, a rectangle and a smaller arrow for the end to create that ribbon detail. I realized the problem happened when trying to export in Large resolution for best presentation quality. With Medium resolution it worked.

Anyhow, the point is that it should work in whatever resolution I choose. No?

The problem seems to occur randomly too, sometimes it exports well, sometimes it doesn’t. Very strange

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@spragier -

I was able to reproduce this as well. When I exported the same shape as a large resolution image, I got this: 

As such, I’d recommend opening a Miro support request here indicating that this is affecting the large resolution exports of such composite images: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron