How do I insert a simple checkbox toggle for task lists?

• 23 April 2020
  • 16 replies

I would like to be able to scatter check boxes (or some other form of to-do list toggle) around my mind map.

I have found icons that look like checked boxes, but I can’t seem to find an interactive way to check things off by clicking.

mlanders 3 years ago

Hi @Hal ,

whats about placing an kanban near your mindmap - here you can drag and drop tasks from one region to an other:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

A additional workaround could be to use the Visual-Notes section for your questions:

Michael

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Hal ,

whats about placing an kanban near your mindmap - here you can drag and drop tasks from one region to an other:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

A additional workaround could be to use the Visual-Notes section for your questions:

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Or add comments to each node - you could then flag them as “Resolved”

Thank you for your quick reply!

And thanks for the pointers.

I am sure one of these will work.

I had need for a simple toggle checkbox tool from day one. After getting over the surprise that there isn’t one, I now place a shape next to the thing I want a binary indicator associated with and set the initial parameters to stroke and no fill. Then when I want to indicate the state has changed (eg, the task is done) I change the shape to fill and no stroke.

Works perfectly for me, hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@VirtualMo 

A really good idea to work with.

Thanks for sharing

Michael

I simply use color coding for indication if one branch is already done in the Mindmap. But maby a simple checkbox would be helpful, as well.

Anyway it would be nice to get a connection between a Kanban and a Mindmap, mapped by the name of the task.

Userlevel 1

Add/toggle emojis between

:white_check_mark: Done

:white_check_mark: Done 

:white_circle: Still to do

Userlevel 3

Took me a while to find working Checkboxes in the Wireframe Library app, but it works well. Hope that saves others some time!

I use Miro to take notes during user tests. I would find a check box very useful to track task completion. It needs to be a quick interaction that I can check to indicate whether the user could complete the task or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Josiah Lybbert. Did you try the suggestion posted by @Daniel Herrera? Should be swift enough of you set it up in advance. 🙂

@Henrik Ståhl Wow, I didn’t see that one. Thanks!

Took me a while to find working Checkboxes in the Wireframe Library app, but it works well. Hope that saves others some time!

Really cool solution to adding checkboxes to Miro - thanks for sharing how to do it!! :-)

Using the wireframe looks really nice, but I can't attach it to a branch, or at least I don't know how.

The comment field has potential, but the comment is gone after I complete it.

Now I work with text colours, but is this the way to go.

Is still the preferred solution, or did Miro come up with something else?

Using the wireframe looks really nice, but I can't attach it to a branch, or at least I don't know how.

This is the problem I run into as well. The fact that I can’t keep the checkbox grouped with any branch means if I make any changes to the mindmap, the checkboxes unfortunately fall out of place. Actually, I can’t figure out how to keep anything attached to a mindmap branch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even a shape or something other than a checkbox could work, I just need to attach things to mindmap branches.

Attach to branch:

1. Rightclick on branch
  2. choose “create frame”
  3. Add tickbox as shown above (within the frame)
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This is really nice !