Any way to go back to left-click mouse navigation on screen?

• 22 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there any way at all to return to using the left mouse button to move around the screen (click and drag)? It seems going to the Navigation Settings only allows you to choose between using the mouse or trackpad, but no option is available for choosing which mouse buttons control movement. Not sure why Miro decided to make this sudden, unnecessary change! If it’s not broken, don’t fix it!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@VagabondMan - You cannot configure mouse buttons in Miro. Instead, you would switch between pan/select mode while on the board.

Have a look at the following help center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018109574-Work-smarter-not-harder#pan

Tip: Hotkeys for this are the V or H key, or holding the spacebar when in select mode to toggle to pan mode.

Is there any way at all to return to using the left mouse button to move around the screen (click and drag)? It seems going to the Navigation Settings only allows you to choose between using the mouse or trackpad, but no option is available for choosing which mouse buttons control movement. Not sure why Miro decided to make this sudden, unnecessary change! If it’s not broken, don’t fix it!

I definitelty agree with the statement, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. I understand if there’s people out there who find it annoying, but at least give us the option to reverse the setting. I don’t enjoy it at all and it’s making my experience for using Miro much worse. Options always saves lives that’s what I believe, nothing wrong about that.

I definitelty agree with the statement, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. I understand if there’s people out there who find it annoying, but at least give us the option to reverse the setting. I don’t enjoy it at all and it’s making my experience for using Miro much worse. Options always saves lives that’s what I believe, nothing wrong about that.

I find it extremely annoying! I’m ready even to stop using this platform! When I try to navigate with the right mouse button, it brings me back to dashboards every single time I unbutton the right mouse button - it’s disgusting! Why do I need these new features which absolutely don’t work properly? Why to change that???