Skip to main content

Currently if you goup some components in a “panel” and then add another component and create a group again, Miro doesn’t look at this as a multi layer grouping, but as a single group containing all components. 

If you create templates where for example you have a panel, where you want to have all the common elements - box, header, label grouped, and then the main content separately grouped with the rest.

I would like the functionality to ungroup the panel, so that I can easily edit the content, without messing up the man box, header and label, and then done, I would regroup the content witht the main panel again when done.

This also has a unexpected “feature” when you lock a section. Lockin creates a group, and when you unlock the area, the entire area is grouped, and when you then ungroup, all the underlying groupings are gone.

Especially, if you like me generate a lot of template components, that I can copy from my template board over to my working board, having the template component locked on the template board makes sense, so that I can select them as one, and copy them over. Again, here the copy is then an group of compnents, and when I ungroup, I have lost all the underlying groupings.

An example for my expected behavior is MS PowerPoint. If I group two “shapes” and then select a third shape and group with the two. When I then ungroup, I will still have the first two shapes grouped, and I can ensure that I don’t mess them up.

Hi @Jan Pingel 

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughtful and detailed use case. This is very helpful.

Should our team have any other questions, they will be sure to follow up.  For those coming across this idea, if you feel it's helpful to have or have additional suggestions, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request.