Most companies switched to work-from-home mode several weeks ago. We’ve already shared a lot of
- resources on remote collaboration
- tips & tricks in a public whiteboard wiki
- showed our WFH workspace (add yours!)
- discussed how we begin and end our work days.
But let’s discuss the challenges of working remotely.
What bothers you most of all? Anything that you have already overcome? Or maybe remote work is just fine for you? Share your thoughts in the comments, and let’s address those challenges together with the community.
For example, my biggest challenge is overworking. I simply can’t understand when I should switch off - my laptop is just in front of me, why not to check Slack, email inbox, or complete a task from the backlog?
What works for me (well, I’m trying)
- close Slack (or at least turn off the notifications and set myself away) at a set time
- have something scheduled for the evening (a Zoom call with friends or I plan to make dinner)
- clock off (I mean I finish what I planned by a set time, slow down and “leave my workspace” - go outside for a quick walk around the house).
For a quick reference, here is the Zapier’s blog article about remote work challenges and how to overcome them.
Have you found anything that resonates with you?