When duplicating frames, keep locked objects locked 🔐

Current status: When duplicating a frame, any locked objects in the original frame become unlocked in the new frame. It is unclear what the benefit of this is.

Expected Behaviour: It’s more sensible to assume that if there is locked content, that it is locked for a purpose and that this should continue into the duplicate frame

Benefits:

• Immediate use of frame as it should be
  • Save time not having to re-lock everything (again!)
  • Preventing errors of not locking all that should be locked
  • Saving frustration of unexpected behaviour 😅

Use case 1: I am running an open workshop with unknown participant numbers. More people come than I have exercises set up for, so I must duplicate an exercise frame.

BUT the frame contains important content that shouldn’t be moved, so mid-workshop, I need to take the time and focus away from the group to re-lock specific objects rather than maintaining the flow for the participants. Not great for facilitation

Use Case 2: I have a master Presentation Slides board with over 100 different slide templates on it. Each of the slides has certain locked elements that shouldn’t be changed (Header / Footer / background shapes etc.).

When I copy the frame to a new board, all locked elements unlock and I have to do the process of re-locking again. It makes me go a bit grrrrrrisly bear đŸ»

Can’t edit the post, but it should be noted the same behaviour happens if you cut and paste the frame. This isn’t expected behaviour - i expect cut and paste to be a direct representation from one to the other, locked elements included.

We should be able to keep everything locked when duplicating a frame!