"Wait for synchornization" feature deleted my work

Related products: Other

Hello,
Problem:
I lost my work BECAUSE of the “wait for the synchronization” feature design. Why?

1. A pop-up opens and prevent us to copy our work.
  2. At the end of timer we can only refresh the page, still preventing us to copy our work
  3. So if nothing as been synchronized at the end of timer, obviously refreshing delete the last work done. Like the pop-up prevented us to copy, obviously we can’t paste and have to do everything again.

Solution:
Obviously let people copy before refresh so they can paste if synchronization failed…

This feature exists because you know the servers are heavily loaded and things could be lost. So why force users to play russian roulette on a refresh without being able to secure with a copy first??

→ Don’t grey out screen, put the pop-up in a screen corner and let people keep working. If you want, refresh the timer each time a modification is made, but at least let us keep the local work safe. And in the pop-up text invite users to copy-paste in case of failed synchro.

Hi @Aurélien! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. Our team has reviewed this and it’s open for votes and comments. 

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you again for helping make Miro better!

Miro Community Team