Toggle visibility of objects

Related products: Other

As we all know Miro is incredibly good for story boarding and meetings, what our team also uses the boards for is infrastructure design.
One incredible feature that would help us is being able toggle the visibility of a group of objects (not covered with the grey screen and closed eye icon but for objects to not render) and have a button to toggle this.

This would be incredibly useful for showing the paths data takes in our diagrams as we would be able to show/hide the path of data on the same diagram.

As you can see in this basic image it can get very confusing when showing complex data paths on the same diagram

Hear hear. And not only for technical architecture, but toggling would be super useful to design and use an interactive map of a product’s value creation capabilities towards its technical capabilities, and fex that of its use cases / customers / etc.

I agree, it is such a Basic Feature in every other software I use for work,

EXEPT this…

You can rarely find a software without LAYERING Capability..

Maybe Miro was created to move Stickies around in Meetings, but

It has so much more potential than just doing that...

Hi @Cai Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea and share your feedback. Should our team have any other questions they will be sure to follow up!  

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for your use of Miro please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

The layering capability would really help us out at the moment.

This would be useful for my work - we’re putting together a 2024 firmwide calendar on Miro that is viewable, and I’d love for my staff to have the option to be able to select which meeting types they want to see at any time. 

I would love this. I’ve designed a complex diagram in Miro, and need to show it progressively for a slide. It’s currently a pain to have to do it via copying and pasting frames — what happens if I need to make a change?

Yes!!! Adding the possibility to define Layer ans select what objects go in what layers would be fantastic !!

In the context of layers It would be nice that “toggeling” supports three visibility levels: “Fully visible” => “Dimmed” => “Hidden” 

This would improve the ability to Communicate the contents of a board/frame much better - haveing all the details there but being able to simplify in relation to what is important i different situations

I percieve this to be similar/the same as “Layers” that also exist among ideas !!

I am running an enablement board, hosting the agenda of enablement calls and then housing the leave behinds and resources to assist anyone wanting to consume the training Async & post-call.  

Housing all this content is making the board feel fun, but also busy and difficult to know where to start.  Being able to “hide” content and allow a user to click a button to expand it out and then re-hide it, would make it much easier to follow.

This would also be particularly helpful in a Customer Lifecycle, allowing a lot of content to be available to click deeper into all in one board without it becoming too overwhelming.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team