sound effects

As a Board Owner (or facilitator), I want to be able to select and play a sound effect to the Board Participants; so that I can make an events proceedings i bit more engaging if i need/want to.

Only available for Owner/Co-Owners (facilitators) please. The current Timer music/chime is really helpful.   But it’d also be helpful to be able to play a subtle sound effect.   E.g. bing, rev engine, crowd goes “ooh”, cuckoo, X-Files theme, and so on.   It can inject some light-hearted fun to a session - which can be a magic ingredient sometimes. But it must be used judiciously - otherwise it “gets old” for the participants real quick.

Q: But can’t you do that anyway, like at your end?
Well, it doesn’t come through very well, I’d need to remember to unmute, and microphones are unlikely to pick up the sound effect from my smartphone, and so on.   Easier to do it “inline”.

We just thought about this for our team. It would be great to play a sound effect at the end of standup/retro to indicate that we’ve finished. Similarly, we used to play a youtube video of a rim shot to denote a bad joke… the fact that the video took 5 seconds to load was funny in itself, but it would be great to be able to trigger something instantly. We’d probably want this to be available to whoever is ‘facilitating’ the conversation at the time, which may or may not be the board owner. 

If  could be more Miro-like if it was a visual as well as audible thing eg a bell 🔔 or 🥁 icon that plays a sound on click.