Right angle triangles

Related products: Other

I’d like to be able to make straight triangles that have two sides with straight lines, 90 degree angle

I’d like this too. At the moment I use a line and make one.

It is kinda hopeless that a basic shape like this is not present. At least make the triangle adjustable so that I can pull the corner to make it a right-angled.

Desperately searched for this feature today! In the end I found a workaround (that might also work for other kinds of custom shapes):

1. Create the shape you want in a different tool that Miro can import - draw.io, Lucidchart, Visio, …
  2. Export the diagram from that tool (.vsdx export from draw.io worked for me)
  3. Import the diagram file you just exported into Miro - this will create a new board
  4. Copy & paste the shape you want from that new board into whatever board you actually need the shape in

Hope this helps the folks who might be searching for this in the future

Not something that I can do unfortunately.

I would also appreciate this. Currently, I create one using a line 

Need this. Seems an oversight that this is missing.

Hi @Deniz Bozyigit, @plonkarchivist, @Gav, @Florian Sellmayr, @Thomas Slensvik  and @mejerwall 

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration. Our team is reviewing this, and it is open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!  

Cheers. 

This helps me to

• make visualizations of charts especially, where you want something to increase or decrease over time and show what that amounts to 2D volume wise
  • “combine triangles” to “paint a background” behind an uneven shape, something current triangles cannot (they stick out). 
  • You can make almost any custom shape from right triangles! 

It feels like a basic thing that should had been introduced ages ago.

This feature is usedul for me to quickly draft scaleable figures within my classroom mindmapoping work. In physics classes, this applies to illustrations such as inclined planes, area under a line curve, etc.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.
For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,
Miro Community Team