Skip to main content

"Render Objects in Place" Option

Related products: Other

In the Miro Help Center, one of the troubleshooting suggestions to ease a large Miro project, is to “Make a screenshot, Upload it to the board, Delete the objects/drawing… If Miro made that possible with a right-click option, it would make the process a lot cleaner.

Miro could become *infinitely* powerful, if those rendered objects could be stored, or backed up, in the background, available to be recalled, with a similar right-click option, to replace the render with the original objects again.

In the digital audio world, we call this “freeze/unfreeze”. It allows for infinitely large projects to be handled in a single computer. When a piece of audio is “frozen”, it is locked, and un-editable, but that’s ok; it frees up computing power, to do other work.

I’m working on a project with 28000 objects at the moment, and I’m really feeling the effects of lag on my (very powerful) PC. This large Miro project stalls my brand new flagship tablet, too. A freeze-function would allow me to keep working, without losing any of the objects, if I need to return to them at some point. Now I need to sacrifice some of those objects, it will be a time-consuming work-around, and it will make an ugly, disjunct Miro project.

HI @Michael Pujol 

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea and share your detailed feedback and use case (28K objects! wow!). We appreciate all the insights! 

Should our team have any other questions, they will be sure to follow up.  For those coming across this idea, if you feel it's helpful to have or have additional suggestions, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request.