Project links and sharing

Now it’s not possible to get project link. You can add and invite member but you can’t just copy and send direct  link to the project.

Another usecase - we need to save project links in our tasktracker.

Hi there, just want to express my desire and support for this feature to be added to Miro.

Love the creativity of that solutionbut thats not a solution not-technical folks can use - At least at our company, Miro is used more by non-development folks -e.g. marketing, user acquisition flows, editorial workflows, ideation etc

Nik has a valid point.

I built a workaround as a Bookmarklet for non-techies

I implemented somea bookmarklet code for Miro on GitHub

Installation

1. Go to https://www.yourjs.com/bookmarklet/
  2. in the dropdown select Github Gist
  3. in the text field, copy the URL of the Gist ( https://gist.github.com/valioDOTch/51b875732bfe02b39d340e5e8ad364cd )
  4. in the next dropdown select the first option (“Miro-Share-Project-Bookmarklet.js”)
  5. optionally select a nice name for the bookmarklet link (e.g. “ShareMiroProject”)
  6. click the green button, wait until it completed
  7. drag the link from the blue button to your bookmark bar
The result should look like this; “drag” the blue button to your bookmark bar in your Browser

Usage

1. On Miro.com open the project that you want to share
  2. Click on the bookmarklet => a dialog with a text input field will appear
  3. Copy the entire content of the text input field.
    This is the link that you want to share with your colleagues via chat or email

Please note:

• I don’t work for Miro, this is a workaround hack.
     I swear that I didn’t include any malicious stuff.

• It’s pretty certain that this code will break at some point, as it’s not officially supported.

• @Miro: don’t sue me for reverse engineering.
    I just try provide some help to your users.

One more voice for needing the feature to copy a project page link to effectively share the Projects

Thanks @Pat Mächler  for the source code.

For those who don’t want to go to the trouble of a bookmarklet, or are worried about the security, here’s the essential code.

Open Developer Tools > Console in your browser, and paste this:

dashboardData = JSON.parse(localStorage["rtb_saved_dashboard"]).tree.dashboard;
"https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?spaceId="+dashboardData.currentSpaceId+"&projectId="+dashboardData.currentProject.id;

It will print out the direct URL.

Want to add to this as well - nothing unsaid but it’s been at least an year since the first post and this is absolutely essential for collaboration.

It makes it extremely difficult for larger orgs to collaborate effectively if we cannot easily share projects/groupings and makes it an overall challenging experience especially for new folks we are trying to onboard.

Instead of a smooth experience in miro itself, we end up needing folks to navigate through other screens (e.g. multiple different emails, access navigation, etc) which really disrupts from workflows and makes it more difficult for new users to organically adopt the tool.

I can’t believe this is still not resolved. URLs are key for sharing access to teams and projects. I cant understand how you can not have a unique URL for a team and a unique URL for a project. 

Sharing work in Miro is the biggest pain point our team has because to share a group of work to someone you have to share each project URL

Adding my voice, spent 10 mins poking around before googling, cuz I was sure I has just overlooking the feature.

I’m back here a year later to look up the work around for this feature.  I understand not wanting to update the url in the header, but we know that a link directly to a project exists.  Why not implement a share button to a project?

Also voicing support for this feature - We upgraded mostly to store boards in projects - that feature is useless if we cannot provide links to our team to those projects.

Hello, when are you going to release this feature?

Agree with everyone else, that this feature is absolutely needed. In the meantime, my solution was to ask a colleague that I have shared my MIRO Project with to share the email she received. In this way I could get the link.

I seriously need this feature! 

Why @miro admin doesn’t reply to the questions of when this feature is out or is it even on their roadmap?

This seems like a really simple and obvious thing to do. We really need to be able to send a link to a Project, not many links to many boards.

Would also like to be able to embed the Project page in another wiki just like we can with a board.

Is there still no solution for this? It feels like something super simple 

Really appreciate the example link and screenshot from @Hugo Alvarado Arroyo to get what I had a pressing need for here, by brute force using the browser inspector.

As a designer and part-time product lead, I need to be able to reference our Miro project boards directly, so I can readily share a link with others on our team –– Would be awesome if the url would automatically update when I switch between projects and teams, so I could copy the link directly from the browser urlbar. ✨

Thanks @Pat Mächler  for the source code.

For those who don’t want to go to the trouble of a bookmarklet, or are worried about the security, here’s the essential code.

Open Developer Tools > Console in your browser, and paste this:

dashboardData = JSON.parse(localStorage["rtb_saved_dashboard"]).tree.dashboard;
"https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?spaceId="+dashboardData.currentSpaceId+"&projectId="+dashboardData.currentProject.id;

It will print out the direct URL.

This is amazing. Thank you. But... come on Miro!

Well,. few years passed, users asking for a MUST HAVE feature and there is still no response from miro ???

MIRO TEAM - will you add this to your backlog or shold we “go **** ourself” ?

please answer at lest and close this thread :-/

You can just run it direct as javascript in most browser:

javascript: dashboardData = JSON.parse(localStorage["rtb_saved_dashboard"]).tree.dashboard; "https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?spaceId="+dashboardData.currentSpaceId+"&projectId="+dashboardData.currentProject.id;

Actually better is:

Type:

“javascript:” 

Paste
dashboardData = JSON.parse(localStorage["rtb_saved_dashboard"]).tree.dashboard; alert ("https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?spaceId="+dashboardData.currentSpaceId+"&projectId="+dashboardData.currentProject.id);

Adding support for this as someone who works in a large company where our Miro has multiple teams  and it’s difficult to find a project (first figure out which team, then look through the projects then star the project to at least have it in “starred” for later after figure out which team the project lives in). I went to grab a link to a project because I’ve done that in a Miro competitor in the past.

This is really absolutely needed, Miro is not usable for documentation without this one. Thanks to the community for all hacks here.

This was three years ago but we are still getting asked about this at my work!! It is so frustrating that some people are talking about switching out of Miro to another app. It would be great if they could add this functionality. 

It looks like this is still open, so yes I add my voice to this! Note sure why this isn’t already a thing.

Found this thread while trying to figure out how to copy a Project link for our documentation. Adding my vote here for this critical (and frankly, pretty basic) feature.

It’s been 3 years since this thread started, I’m pretty surprised this hasn’t been addressed, especially given how easy the implementation seems to be.

Please, add my vote as an enterprise user of the product have a way to obtain a Project’s URL.