Skip to main content

When I am using Miro on my PC, I can paste an image that I copied with the combination of CTRL +V. How can  I paste a copied image to Miro on my iPad Pro? Nothing seems to work. Thanks 

I’m on tablet, I can only copy selection as image which is good, but I can’t paste it, any solution to this?

Double tap! 🙏🏼 

And you’ll find a ‘paste’ button appears.

There is still no way to paste on ipad. You literarily have super mario with no jump button here. Its completely useless without paste how are you thinking?

Hi @Manuel Frey,

I’m afraid, no news so far, but this is something the team is aware of and has in the backlog. 

Hi Miro Team, this thread is 3 years old. Three. How long is your backlog actually? I don`t like when people are jsut complaining and are not constructive. But honestly...how many users, me included, state that the copy/paste funciotn on tablets (android and apple) is absolutely mandatory for their workflow. I mean...you create Miro for your users, right? Please listen to them, when they whish a feature so desperately. There are so many Miro-Copy-Cats out there, don`t let them win your fans!
Other users already also mentioned ways how to implement that feature, e.g. when you hold down a few seconds a copy/paste menu shows up, like android or windows. There is a solution, so please deliver it to your faithful user community. 
Than you!

Yes, I can only echo previous users!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration and appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team

Incredible. Only way to get my pics on miro: import by own pictures > files by icloud. Very poor 🫣

I bought the new iPad Pro as a laptop replacement while traveling, it was working wonders until I used Miro….  I’m a heavy Miro user for all my collaborative design work, it’s an essential part of my workflows, but I come to paste an image into the native app (as well as in the browser) on iPad and it just doesn’t work. Pretty crazy. 

My two cents here: Miro is a great app AND it is not the cheapest software (yep, paying user talking here).

Users may expect more responsiveness from the dev teams at Miro. So Miro, could you please, please, PLEASE respond to this thread with action on your side in stead of mere ‘acknowledgement of our needs’.

WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO PASTE SHIT TO A MIRO BOARD ON TABLETS AND PHONES!

or in dev speak:

“As a power user of Miro,

I need an intuitive and ergonomic way to paste shit into a miro board on my phone or tablet

so I can get my work done as fast as possible”

This is infuriating. I use my iPad version almost half the time for work, and manually uploading screenshots to Miro takes four times as long as other direct paste apps. Hell, my barebones note taking app does this! Crazy. I hate it! 

I also am a paying user and so is my whole company - a few of us use iPad Pros and we hate that we can’t paste from the clipboard.  Ruins our ideation flow.  Up vote from all us techie real estate pros from the Cloud Team.

For clarity, I am on an iPad Pro with the Apple keyboard that you can optionally pair with it.  Also, when I perform the action of Cntl+tab to switch windows like I am on a Mac, it pastes my last Miro item - which is very annoying because I then have to come back and delete it.

I’m a big fan of Miro, recently I even bought it for my personal use, but this issue just drives me crazy. The fact that it’s there for more than four years is pretty bad on its own. As an IT guy myself, I cannot understand, how the hell is it possible to keep such things in the backlog for so long.

I was promised to have a nice seamless workflow switching between laptop and a tablet. But now I have to make a hundred more taps to add a simple damn iPad screenshot onto my damn board. WTF, Miro? 

I understand that there is more hype adding AI features for marketers making even more of the generic marketing bullshit, but come on, please do not forget about real use cases on the way.

I’m not even asking about flipping images anymore (which is also not possible for some reason). Just give me a working “paste image from clipboard” button

Agreed with this thread. I also don’t appreciate that I need to give Miro access to all my photos and camera to be able to use the current upload function on iPad. Coworker recommended this app. I was initially impressed with it but this has been a big turn-off for me.

Hi there,

For now, you can only upload the images with the Upload button on the toolbar, or via the multitasking mode, when you drag the images from the gallery right to the Miro board. 

For now…they said 4 years ago. Meanwhile they are pouring resources into AI slop features instead fixing basic functionality