Objects visible only in zoom range

Related products: Navigation

Proposal: Add an option to limit visibility of objects to a zoom range.

Rationale: By limiting object visibility to a zoom range one will be able to reveal details of a component by zooming in to it, instead of jumping to another frame.

Explanation: As a Software Architect in ASML, I daily need to present graphs and work on them 80% of my work hours. Miro is an amazing tool we adopter two years ago across ASML, which helps designing software and organizational structures in a very simplified, user friendly way. What I was always missing in other tools used across the company (PowerPoint, Enterprise Architect, Office Whiteboard, etc.), is the proper zoom-in/zoom-out feature, enabling me to start the presentation from the helicopter overview and drive audience to the more details of each component. I did achieve this partially with Miro, but all the component internal “mess” is visible even in the high-level overview.

Alternative: It would be also fine if an object could have filling up to the certain zooming level after which it will become transparent, reveling the its interior.

Hi @Aleksandar Demkovic! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. Our team has reviewed this and it’s open for votes and comments. 

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you again for helping make Miro better!

Miro Community Team