Modify border radius on rounded-corner rectangle shape

Modify border radius on rounded-corner rectangle shape

Currently we have no possibility to modify border radius - it’s crucial to have pleasant, legible looking content.

I know Miro is not meant to be a design software but it’s about flexibility - things we build now are totally rounded and we have no control over it OR we can have sharp corners that are stiff, wireframey and boring.

Please, this doesn’t look like a very expensive feature to be built.

+1 Even if we could just lock the border curve in place to prevent it from scaling up and becoming too large to use, it would greatly increase the usefulness of this shape.

As for the 'design software' argument, any software intended for displaying information professionally must inherently be considered 'design software', as even basic visual polish can be the difference between content that looks sloppy and unconsidered, versus content that is well-crafted and buttoned up. Additionally, for many people, the process of laying out ideas in a designed system is a critical step in the creative process. Taking the time to carefully consider how ideas fit together in a cohesive design is often essential to refining and improving content.

@Fog Head

+1 Even if we could just lock the border curve in place to prevent it from scaling up and becoming too large to use, it would greatly increase the usefulness of this shape.

That’s what I going for with my Wish List idea (I’ll admit, it is a similar ask to this “modify border radius”):

https://community.miro.com/ideas/smaller-corners-on-rounded-rectangle-10961

From my idea post:

I find the rounded corners more appealing on a rectangle/square. However, as I increase the size of the rectangle, the rounded seems to take over a larger space. For example:

I would prefer to see the rounded corners stay the same size no matter how big the rectangle is, similar to the way rounded corners look/behave on connection lines:

Totally! We just some kind of control / consistency over the border curves. Your post does a great job showing how poorly they currently interact with text.

I would like to see this as well 🙌

Yes. This is necessary. 

It would be if Miro would at least apply the cluster frame corners logic to the rounded rectangles shape – it’s as smooth as butter:

It sucks that you can’t do this basic thing. Workaround is to create the shapes /corners you want in Lucidchart, Microsoft Visio or Draw.io and export them as .vsdx files. You can import these using the import button in the shapes panel in Miro and then copy/paste them into your project. You can still change the styles, colours and line thickness etc. It’s clunky but if you create a bunch of shapes you might want in one go and different corner radiuses etc then at least you can have a library to draw on when you need it. Someone better than me could create this library and share it here perhaps.

Sorry. The UX team knows your needs better. Instead of changing a corner radius you got an AI assistant😊

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

🙏

When doing low fidelity wireframes I need to make input fields with rounded corners but if I make a multiline text box the corner radius does not match the smaller fields and distracts from the concept of visual clarity and organization I am trying to showcase.  PLEASE add this feature!