Export transparent PNG's

It would be great to be able to export frames as transparent PNG’s (if the background is set to transparent), instead of JPG’s.

I can’t believe a graphical product like this does not export PNG. Computer generated graphics are an exact science, pixel by pixel, high frequency data. PNG is non destructive and can be used for crisp presentations without smudging pixels all over the place. JPG is for photos, nothing else. How could they miss that?

Am also baffled a little about how the sizes are set on the frames. 

I get that it’s vectors, but what domain calls a ~5000px wide image “medium”?

Definitely need this, often have trouble exporting the JPEG’s because the background color is slightly off my presentation or I need to ask designers to recreate image in applications that do support transparent backgrounds...

Can’t believe this is not a feature already. The JPEG export is good but if I need the graphic on anything with a non-white background I’m always tinkering with colors since they don’t perfectly match up with the export. Using a color matching background with a JPEG shouldn’t even be a problem I’d still have to face in 2020. 

I can’t believe a graphical product like this does not export PNG. Computer generated graphics are an exact science, pixel by pixel, high frequency data. PNG is non destructive and can be used for crisp presentations without smudging pixels all over the place. JPG is for photos, nothing else. How could they miss that?

As a workaround I’ve been exporting as PDF, and then in Preview doing the export to PNG. However, the PDF has a white background, so you have to use something else to mask out the white.

Transparent PNG export would be really great. I use Miro to create diagrams and it would be super useful to grab them really fast by exporting to PNG.

Definitely a BIG UPVOTE from me.

I use Miro for pretty much all of my meetings and visualizing of diagrams, workflows, etc. but also work with Google Slides and Photoshop so a PNG export is absolutely crucial.

Hi @Sanne Wijbenga , @peterfriberg , @Brian Duchek , @kevin93w , @BartS , @Simeon Fitch . @Carlos Diosdado , @Robert Zinke 

This feature already exists.
Just go to the website and download a PNG-File you like:

https://de.cleanpng.com/

and add it into your miro-board.

It works:

Michael

… ok … I saw your point … posted to early … sorry for that … its about export not import … ok … sorry ...

This is a must have…. :/

Yes, big +1!

Yes, we need this, upvote!

We still need this, Upvote!

Upvote!!!

Definitely Upvote! Absolute must have feature!!

My workaround for now is:

Export as PDF :point_right_tone3: Open in Illustrator :point_right_tone3: Open LAYERS panel :point_right_tone3: Remove the last one (which is mostly the background of the MIRO frame) :point_right_tone3: Save PDF or Export as PNG.

Good luck folks.

Being able to export transparent PNG images: Must have feature! Upvote!!

Yes, please! I second what everyone else has said. It would be a great way to add some miro(ness) to my website and not have a giant white rectangle in the mix. As a result, I opted not to show my miro(ness). 

Anyone figured a way around this? (I’ll try the illustrator approach)

Ability to type in preferred size and select PNG as an export filetype is essential. Please consider adding.

Definitely Upvote! Absolute must have feature!!

My workaround for now is:

Export as PDF :point_right_tone3: Open in Illustrator :point_right_tone3: Open LAYERS panel :point_right_tone3: Remove the last one (which is mostly the background of the MIRO frame) :point_right_tone3: Save PDF or Export as PNG.

Good luck folks.

+1 This worked for me. After this, i was able to import the pdf file into photoshop, and remove the background layer + crop + save parts of my miro board as separate png-s.

It would have been a lot easier to just export selections, or the entire board as a png directly from Miro.

Usecase (if the devs read these): i wanted to provide small snippets from my board for others in my team to use in company presentations, where showing the board as a whole is unnecessary (otherwise we’d just present from miro ofc.)

UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPVVVVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey, there’s a way, pretty easy!

Download the pdf in vector, the frame must be transparent, then open it in Adobe Acrobat and go to edit pdf, click in the background, delete and save or adjust in the 3 dots the background to empty.

EASIER THAN PHOTOSHOP OR  ILLUSTRATOR

Hope it helps you!

@Miro Community Bot Thank You For Adding This Feature
-Sincerely, Me In The Future (Hopefully)

Still not a feature?

Got a payed account last week, loving the product so far.. 

But to be honest no export to PNG is a dealbreaker for me. Ridiculous, comeon guys. How hard can it be?

Finally figured out a simple workaround that may help others: 

• snip a box of your destination presentation background colour + paste into Miro Board 
  • make a box the size of the diagram you’d like to export, and use the colour dropper tool to make it the background colour of your destination 
  • send to back, and align so your diagram is on the desired background colour 
  • export to jpg and import to destination 

This helped me move a diagram into Canva without the contrasting white on a coloured background. 

Hope this helps others.