Draw Custom Shapes

Related products: Other

I’ve reviewed the other “Custom Shape” ideas, and they’re interesting to me, but not exactly what I was looking for, so submitting something specific.

I really like the standard shapes MIRO offers, but sometimes I need more. I’d like the ability to draw a custom shape. Something simple with straight lines and curved lines (Bezier tools) that snap together when they near each other would be great. Allow import of an image if “tracing” a shape that looks familiar would be amazing too (image not needed in final shape).

Once the shape is drawn, it should have the same fill and border thickness controls of the standard MIRO objects. Keep it dead simple, these controls are highly appealing. Maybe add some text positioning hints/boundaries if the shape gets a bit crazy, but again, should largely follow the MIRO standard shapes. Finally, allow positioning of default anchor points (but continue to allow the actual anchors to be adjustable just like standard MIRO shapes).

I should be able to share my shape back up to a common MIRO library and/or within my project or organization if using one of the elevated license tiers. If the shape gets deleted, allow others to continue to use if used in their project or remove from the libraries. 

I’m less thrilled by APIs and SVGs. I suppose these might be useful to some, but I just want to do this from within the MIRO UI.

Thank you for consideration.

Yeah, I strongly agree with you. 

Hi @Brian Kneebone! Thanks so much for taking the time to submit this idea. Our team has reviewed this and it’s open for votes and comments. 

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you again for helping make Miro better!

Miro Community Team