Skip to main content

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

This feature very desperately needs to be added as soon as possible. I switched from another service for Miro, and the absence of this feature is extremely disappointing. 

Hey guys, Dark mode is a glaring omission. It shouldn’t take 500 people over a year to convince you.

It’s about time , Im right now working at midnight and the light theme just hurts my eyes alot … Light theme at night are brighter than the sun so if can get the dark mode in the coming updates it would be an eye saver!!

For those of you who can’t wait, there are dark mode browser extensions that do this very well.  Like Dark Reader with Firefox for example...

Dark mode is not just common sense for the eye strain and the power consumption, it’s an absolute requirement when one is using a BIG monitor, what we have these days.

For Miro, I use Dark Reader plugin for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Thunderbird browsers.

https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader

But srsly ppl, being able to change the background color is even a simpler feature request… PLZ?

Why is Dark mode taking so long?.. this is ridiculous.. Its things like this that make us move over to Mural!

Please, we need it

After testing few platforms like this, mostly due to absent of dark mode we decided to go with different solution. It’s small feature but so important, and was bailed by Miro team. That’s just sad 😞 I could wait longer but there’s no updates, no ETA, nothing, so no, thanks…. But maybe I will test it again after some time and will be surprised, good luck Miro ;) 

I can’t tell you how awesome this would be. Using Miro in the evening is really rough on the eyes.

Will also be switching to another solution until this is added. Miro is the most feature-rich one but the lack of dark mode makes it really unpleasant to use it.

Yes for dark mode or some ability to change the BG color. Thank you

This really needs to be implemented. I’m sure you have someone in-house that can do colors and should be relatively simple to implement.

Unless you guys really f’ed up making the Desktop App it should be pretty easy to just follow the OS’s theme, both W10 and macOS support this

Miro is fantastic on a massive screen. It’s like you can see, arrange and rearrange your mind in 2d. The bright background and colours work well for feeling energised, fresh, and productive early in the day. For those of us who get more done during the night, however, the brightness can feel glaring and have the opposite effect, causing fatigue, especially with extended use.

It feels like a godsend to night-owls that the software industry is finally recognising our needs with dark mode being added to everything. While the implementation would understandably be no small task, I, for one, would greatly benefit from dark mode being added to what has become a fantastic tool in my work and lifestyle.

Thank you for Miro, and the Wishlist,
Walter

We need darkmode… it would very helpful.

We need darkmode… it would very helpful.

Please a dark mode is easier on the eyes and would greatly help when whiteboarding images to make the images feel less stark and contrasted against the white background.  As a professional working in the entertainment industry we certainly need this.  Most modern development platforms and apps have dark modes in 2021.

+1 here
Workarounds like a frame with solid dark colour sent to background is more or less a way to go but a normal dark mode is must have anyway
Thanks!

+1, my eyes will thank you.

so thought I’d make a new post here, asking about dark mode again since. I’d prefer it had more visibility and people can ask for it

I agree. I also prefer to use almost all of my software in the dark mode because I often work at night and I don’t want to be blasted with white light 🥲

+1 Esp for us with HDR screens!!

Miro developers are not able to implement Dark mode because of the way they have implemented layers for overlapping graphics. If they could do it they would have already.

This feature request has had over 28,000 views, nearly a hundred replies and as far as I can tell zero official word from the Miro management so probably best not to hold your breath.

Please add dark mode

Working evenings during winter, it’s a very big white screen. Dark mode would help during long hours.

+1

Save my eyes! please!!!