Adding audio files to the boards

Hello! 

I’m an English teacher and it would be great if I could add audio files to my boards. It’s very important for my students to be able to listen to different recordings. Please, try to add this option.

Thank you! I love this platform!

@Liudmyla Yarova - This idea already exists. Please add your vote here:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/upload-audio-files-to-the-board-300

@Liudmyla Yarova As a workaround, you can upload your files to SoundCloud or a similar service and then embed them on your boards. 🙂

@Henrik Ståhl I also posted in the link that @Robert Johnson recommended (THANKS!), but do you have recommendations for any other audio services?

SoundCloud embeds aren’t fully supported, because clicking on the waveform to scrub doesn’t work. The play/pause button does.

@Henrik Ståhl I also posted in the link that @Robert Johnson recommended (THANKS!), but do you have recommendations for any other audio services?

SoundCloud embeds aren’t fully supported, because clicking on the waveform to scrub doesn’t work. The play/pause button does.

Does the scrubbing feature work when embedded elsewhere? If so, make this is a bug specific to Miro and should be reported. For a test elsewhere, I often use Google Sites. If you have an example SoundCloud file and wanted to share the embed code, I could dump it into my Google Sites test page and send you a  link to it.

@TORLEY - As for other services supported by Miro, the list is here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-media-to-boards#Recommended_services

Uploading an audio file to YouTube could be one option.

@Robert Johnson Yes, it’s a bug specific to Miro and I’ve reported it. SoundCloud embeds work on many sites, but not as-expected here.

I also confirm taking a look at that list, but it lists video, not audio-specific sites.

Audio CANNOT be uploaded to YouTube as-is, and requires a “video song” maker or another intermediary, so it’s not a solution for fast drag-and-drop and iteration.

@Robert Johnson Yes, it’s a bug specific to Miro and I’ve reported it. SoundCloud embeds work on many sites, but not as-expected here.

I also confirm taking a look at that list, but it lists video, not audio-specific sites.

Audio CANNOT be uploaded to YouTube as-is, and requires a “video song” maker or another intermediary, so it’s not a solution for fast drag-and-drop and iteration.

To be clear, if you are referring to clicking on the waveform to move around the track, there does appear to be a bug specific to (at least) the Miro desktop app. I just tested this in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (64-bit) on Windows 11 and moving around the waveform by clicking on it (or using the arrow keys) is working for me.

At the same time, I noted that the Ctrl + Shift + L shortcut is not copying the board link to my clipboard either - I will report that.

@Robert Johnson I APPRECIATE your precision and your animated gif! Really helpful. Yes, I should’ve clarified I mainly use the Miro desktop app and didn’t realize there was a difference between that and the web browser version.