Answered

Why can't people open my public boards without signing in?

• 19 May 2020
  • 4 replies

I make a board open for public access to editing, it says they don’t have to sign in to edit… but when I share the link, they are forced to sign up for a miro account in order to see the board (the board flashes in front of them before forcing signing up)

am I doing something wrong? I’m in my paid consultant account. I click share. and then I click “anyone with the link can edit” It shows me this, which just isn’t working

icon

Best answer by Leigh Tarver 2 June 2020, 16:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert.Best -

I’m assuming you are using the link from the dialog box below? I just did a quick test where I opened a board which was not publicly shared previously, made it publicly editable, and then launched a Chrome incognito browser window and accessed it from there. It successfully entered the board and recognized me as an anonymous guest editor.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale I have a similar problem - most of my guests can access the board with no problem, however one of my guests just gets a screen saying they need to sign up before they can access the board. Another of my colleagues also had this problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Leigh

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Leigh Tarver -

Can you confirm that you have shared the board with anonymous guest editor access? If not, then with “normal” sharing, participants do need to create a Miro account.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale I used the “Public link to board” set to “Can edit” then shared the public link. All but one of the guests could access fine - the one other person cleared out cookies & was then able to access the link fine. An alternative suggestion we haven’t yet tried is to use the “New incognito window” feature in Chrome - if it happens again we’ll try that & if it works I will post here.

Many thanks, Leigh