Answered

Side toolbar not loading in publicly shared View only board

• 31 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is not impacting me in any way, but my inner-nerd is curious as to why this is happening.

Someone has shared a board publicly in View only mode. When I load this board (both while signed into a Miro account or from a private/incognito browser window), I can see the side/vertical toolbar, but I cannot see it in my similar test.

The board where I can see the side toolbar:

My test board - https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kmByH5Y=/ :

I mean, it starts to load, but then disappears:

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas as to what condition(s) may be causing this? All I can think of is that I this board is perhaps using a different codebase.

icon

Best answer by Alex Rodnyy 4 September 2020, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rob Johnson -

The only time I’ve seen anything similar was a couple of days ago when I was beta testing (at the request of Miro) a feature being developed using one of my boards. The first time I loaded the board, all the toolbars were blank - they were there, but had no icons in them.

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Hi @Rob Johnson! I’ve checked this with the team. It’s not a bug, not a different codebase. The appearance of the toolbar depends on the Plan Type of the board by design. What do you think of this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Alex Rodnyy. Thank you for confirming this.

What do you think of this?

I suppose I find it a bit confusing, but I accept that there’s probably a good technical reason for it :slight_smile: