Answered

Is there a way to stop links opening at 400%?

• 9 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Folks - loving Miro and am finding links are so useful when running workshops, particularly when people are unfamiliar with Miro. However, each time I click a link it opens up the target area at 400% - is there a way to make this 100% instead? Every time I land at the target I have to zoom out again which, although doable, is inelegant.  Thanks :slight_smile:

icon

Best answer by Marina 31 July 2020, 06:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sounds like a wish list topic to me, @Ruth Newnham as I don’t believe there is any way to change this behavior - would suggest adding it following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 3

@Kiron Bondale  - thanks for the reply - don’t really have time to create a wish list topic with the right sort of content just now! At least I can stop looking for an answer!

Userlevel 3

@Kiron Bondale Not sure if something has changed, but the links now seem to have stopped going to 400% and now end up with varied percentage showing just the frame they are linked to. Did the lovely Mirons change something or did I inadvertently change my settings or do something clever? :grin:  whichever, it makes me very happy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ruth Newnham - it’s still showing 400% for me with a couple of new links I just tested on one of my play boards…

Kiron

Userlevel 3

@Kiron Bondale  - very weird, I went to my old board and some of the links still use that behaviour but on my new board it definitely doesn’t do that. I can’t work it out. Could it be the difference between linking to the frame that holds an object or an object that is locked to a frame, rather than an object just sitting inside a frame? Haven’t time to explore at the moment but will endeavour to keep trying to work it out and let you know if I come up with an answer! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ruth Newnham and @Kiron Bondale,

The team told me that it should be “fit to screen” on the target object. So it zooms into the linked object. Were those objects really small? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

Good point - that might be the reason why some linked items show up at a lower zoom level whereas others are at 400%. I linked to an image which was mostly filling the screen at 100% zoom level and when I clicked on the link it zoomed to it at 89%. On the other hand, when I linked to a card, it zoomed to it at 400%.

Kiron

I agree the reason is the object is small. I think it still should not zoom to the maximum.

Link it to a frame. Size the frame the way you want. It is working for me.

Happy to help!