Answered

is it possible to change element prompt text?

• 15 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

in templates (whether miro or team created), is it possible to change the prompt text that appears within elements so that it better matches your process? for example, in the user story map template, is it possible to change the preset prompts like “new activity” “new task” to something else?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 September 2020, 18:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kendall Wondergem - You cannot modify Miro’s stock templates. As a workaround, you could add it to your board, modify it, and save your own custom template. Assuming, of course, you are on a paid plan. If you are not, you could put the template into your Free Plan board, modify it to suit your process, and them tuck it away up in the corner of a board and just copy-and-paste it as needed.

Userlevel 3

hi rob - this applies to modifying the template itself and saving it but the actual element (card) prompt text is uneditable. or at least, i’ve been unable to find the method for updating the prompt text. can you point me in that direction? (we are on a paid plan)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Okay, gotcha now. You are referring to the Cards in the User Story Map Framework:

In that case, I don’t think this is currently possible. I would recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 3

thank you!