Miro embed changes scroll position of embedding page

• 23 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Description

Trigger the load of an embedded Miro board changes the scroll position of the page.

Reproduction

Steps to reproduce:

1. Embed Miro board into
  2. Scroll down, so that only a part of the Miro embed is visible
  3. Click [See the board] button

See here a recording when embedding Miro into Notion.so (we same behavior embedding in our own app):

Actual behavior

Page scroll to the top once Miro board is loaded.

Expected behavior

Page scroll position doesn’t change due to loading Miro board.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Ronny Roeller,

I am not able to reproduce this issue, I tried with Notion (both web version and Mac app). The board is well embedded and I don’t experience any scrolling issue so I don’t think it is linked to Live Embed. Do you experience this 100% of the time you embed a Miro board?

Badge +1

Thanks for coming back, Anthony. Yes, I - and other users - observe this every time when embedding Miro boards.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @Ronny Roeller! Anthony asked me to take a look, and I also have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Can you give us some additional information?

For example, which tool are you using to edit your webpage?

Does this happen in a draft mode, or on live websites, or both?

Does it happen in multiple browsers, or only one? I tested in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome, but the embedded board did not move in any of those.

Thanks!!

Joanna

Here’s a JSFiddle showing how the Miro Live Embed automatically scrolls the page: https://jsfiddle.net/cg6zh941/ (once it loads, scroll up and notice that you were automatically scrolled to it). I’m on a Mac (Monterey) using Chrome (version 102.0.5005.115).

If there is more than one instances of Miro Live Embed on the page, you can watch them fight with each other over scroll position.

We would love an optional link parameter to disable this behavior.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Dustin McCormick,

Thanks for getting back to us with this example.

I’m currently checking on the expected behavior here with our Live Embed team, and will follow up here shortly.

Thanks!
Will

Hey @Will Bishop,

any updates on this?

Best,
Luke

Userlevel 5

Hi @Dustin McCormick @TheVentury 

We’re tracking this issue, but I don’t have a timeline until it’ll be fully resolved. 

That being said, you should be able to also include loading="lazy" to the iFrame, which will defer the loading (and the scrolling) until it’s into view. 

Let me know if this works for the meantime

Addison

Hey @Addison Schultz ,

I don’t know what happened, however it now jumps down & up again on a hard refresh.
Trying your lazy loading improvement did not change that behaviour.

At least it is not stuck down any longer, but I cannot tell you why.
For jumping back & forth in between menu points, it still jumps down & stays there.

Best,
Luke