Question

Managing created user accounts

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

1. If we programmatically create users for others can we make them with their personal email accounts? If so,

a. How do they set their password?

b. Can we programmatically set their password?

2. I imagine users get notifications when they're programmatically invited to a team, or new user account has been created for them; in general, is there a way to control which notifications are sent? I'd like for the app I'm building to control sending notifications by sending out a link to a shared board.

3. I want my users to only see the board shared with them, would they see anything outside of that? I.e. the miro user dashboard/home landing page.

a. If so, is there a way to lock their account down?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @John C. 

1. If we programmatically create users for others can we make them with their personal email accounts? If so,

a. How do they set their password?

b. Can we programmatically set their password?

This is not possible because using SCIM API requires SSO to be enabled.

2. I imagine users get notifications when they're programmatically invited to a team, or new user account has been created for them; in general, is there a way to control which notifications are sent? I'd like for the app I'm building to control sending notifications by sending out a link to a shared board.

3. I want my users to only see the board shared with them, would they see anything outside of that? I.e. the miro user dashboard/home landing page.

a. If so, is there a way to lock their account down?

For your use case you could use Share board endpoint. With this endpoint you can invite users to individual boards using their personal emails. Make sure to invite them with a guest role.

This will send the email notification to user. Notifications for guest users are not customizable.

They will also see the miro dashboard, but only have access to the board they were invited to.

You can find more details about inviting guests in this article.