Get copypasted image widget data in a web plugin.

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to get image widget data  in a web plugin.  

If i create an image widget by copying it from a web page, the url field is nicely set and i can use that information.  

If i create an image widget by copy/pasting e.g. a screenshot, the url field is empty and i can not access the image.

Is there a way to access the image data with is stored within the Miro Board? 

Having access to the different resolutions of the image (which are probably cached in Miro) would be very interesting.   Thank you very much,

Sebastian

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sebastian Oschatz 

It’s a bummer but, there is no accessible URL in your second case. The image is stored in app data and not made readable to the SDK/API.  

Hopefully future versions of Miro /the sdk will allow this. 

@Anthony Roux  

Badge +1

agreed. thats a bummer.  
is there a way to access the “save as image” or “save as” commands from the api?

Badge +1

dear MIRO team,

is this limitation something  which is

1. just low prio and its worth hoping that it will come somewhere in the future     -or-
  2. part of a larger company strategy to avoid getting drawn into legal copyright/privacy battles about user uploaded content and will most likely never be implemented?
Badge +1

is there a way to access the “save as image” or “save as” commands from the api?

no.  https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/export-to-image-api-2770