Answered

Export table data through the API

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to export table data, including the contents of each cell, using either the web SDK or REST API? I can see it is possible through the UI but I can’t figure out a way to do it programmatically.

I can get back a list of all the widgets but there’s no explicit information about which cell they belong to. I guess it may be possible to calculate which cell each widget belongs to by using the table’s bounds and the widget’s co-ordinates but I haven’t looked into that yet.

To give an example I would like to be able to programmatically determine that the “Whiskers” sticky belongs to the “Cats” column and “Names” row.

icon

Best answer by Anthony Roux 26 May 2021, 12:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Richard Watts-Seale,

You are right, it is not possible with the Web SDK and the REST API to export the table in a structured way (like it can be done with a Frame that contains the list of the child). As of today, table is not supported in the SDK, you cannot retrieve the size or the number of cells so I don’t think you will be able to play with coordinates to easily export the element of each cell. You might be able to know by combining the coordinates of the Grid Text of the column and the one of the Row but it doesn’t look easy (I haven’t tried).

This would be really helpful to export table cell information …

Badge +1

We ran into the same limitation. Not only does the table widget doesn’t get exported but all included widgets (e.g. stickies in calls) miss their location/geography data.