Does Miro Function Well In A Multitenant Environment (e.g. MS Azure)?

• 18 April 2022
  • 4 replies

My company uses a Microsoft Azure multitenant solution, does Miro work well in a multitenant environment. Where can I find more information about setting up Miro in a multitenant environment?

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Neil Nelson

Miro doesn’t support multi-tenant Azure environments. Azure only allows one application per tenant with the same Entity ID. (1 Azure account = 1 Miro).

You’ll most likely encounter this error if you try: “The single sign-on configuration is not available for this application in the Enterprise applications experience. Miro (formerly RealtimeBoard) is a multi-tenant application and the application is owned by another tenant.”

Addison,
You are referring to multi tenant, or more than one domain.  We only have 1 tenant. Multi Session AVD host is what we need an answer to.  More than 1 person on a VM at one time. I hope that is clearer.

Userlevel 5

Hi @Neil Nelson 

As long as it’s a different session for each user (unique desktop session so unique browser session as well) and not a single session for all users, it shouldn’t be a problem, but it’s not something I’ve tested before.. Let us know if this works for you!

Thanks Addison. Yes each user has their own virtual desktop and unique browser sessions, so it’s good to know there shouldn’t be a problem, but not too comforting to know it’s not something you tested. We’ve had problems in the past with some applications working fine when one user is using it, but when multiple users on the same host tried using the same application on the same host there appeared to be contention for resources e.g. CPU, memory. So that’s why I am trying to find out if you know it will work or if you’ve had success. If we decide to pilot Miro I will let you know if it works.