Alphabetize Sticky Notes?

Badge +1

Is there a way to alphabetize sticky notes? It would be incredibly helpful to be able to group/organize them in this way, especially for dates and times.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@HFR 
PowerPack an app you can install from the Miro Marketplace does this. It also sorts by a variety of other options too: color, size, item type.  Find PowerPack here

Here’s a video of the feature in action. 

Badge +1

Woah, awesome! Thanks!

Badge

It doesn’t work when I try it. Is there another app that can help? 😓

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Unknown Wanderer ,

Thank you for reporting this! This is a very useful app, and I’m very happy to see it solving real life problems. It is indeed having some issues right now, but let’s hope they can be addressed soon. Just for the reference - some app developers are actively offering support in the apps, it might be even faster to get a response using this feature!

@Max Harper, since we already have an app developer in this thread :) I could reproduce the issue with sorting not working, would you mind taking a look at the issue? 

Thanks, 

Elena.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Unknown Wanderer 

Its likely because you have the items/stickies in a frame… (long story, but when we built the app Miro’s API didn’t support moving items around in a frame … so we avoided it… we should have built a prompt telling you this

Try moving the items out of the frame, alphabetize them, then move them back. 

Badge

I have tried that before. I just tried it again, just to be sure. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t seem to be working. 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Unknown Wanderer  You’re right…  Looks like Miro broke something in the API...   I’m working on it now with them. 

Badge

That’s great! Thank you for being so attentive. Hopefully it works again real soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Unknown Wanderer We hunted down what they broke and have worked around it. It should work again … Sorry about that.  

Badge

Thank you. This will really come in handy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks Max and team for the speedy fix! While this was not a breaking change in the Miro SDK, glad you were able to resolve it. 🙂