Why not allow for multiple Owners/Admins for a Team?

• 14 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

In the age of needing to build in resiliency and sustainability, when it comes to ownership/admin functions for a system enabling collaborations - why not allow for collaborative ownership and admin? 

I am setting up a Team in Miro, and as this team focuses on body of work that will likely outlast anyone Owner/Admin, I saw the need to share this responsibility with number of people on the endeavor.  Ala I am told the system doesn’t allow this but for having only 1 designated person as the admin.

Can we please enable multiple designated owners of boards and admins of teams?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tarang - As far as I know, the only Miro subscription type that supports on one Team Admin is the free Education Plan.

Other than that, there is no restriction on the number of Team Admins (Free, Starter, Consultant/Business, Enterprise) or Company Admins (Consultant/Business and Enterprise).

More on roles here:

And at the board level, there is a Co-owner role which offers some elevated privileges beyond other team members.

Perhaps you can share some insights into what you are trying to accomplish and what limitation/issue you are running into?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Robert Johnson Thank you for sharing this. I discovered that one can have number of Team Admins, which is perfect. However I don’t see how one can have co-owners on a board. Currently I only see 1 owner and no way to introduce other owners.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson Thank you for sharing this. I discovered that one can have number of Team Admins, which is perfect.

You’re welcome!

However I don’t see how one can have co-owners on a board. Currently I only see 1 owner and no way to introduce other owners.

The steps can be found in the Co-owners help center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021580759#h_01F5FRSGGJJDTNTPTTY0NETWMQ

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Kind of weird that one can only do the co-ownership from share and permissions and not from list view of boards where ownership is reflected.  Anyhow, thank you as I wouldn’t have figured that out.

I agree. We often are co-facilitating sessions and when the owner is the person presenting, she has to stop what she’s in the middle of and grant access requests. If I could do that as a co-owner, I could be granting the requests while she keeps explaining what she’s showing.