Answered

Why my shapes change format while I move them

• 14 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I really don’t know what is going on with my board.

There are situations when I need to move a shape to another location inside the same frame. And while I’m dragging it, the shape loses its format or connects randomly to another shape and I cannot control it.

It is really very frustrating

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 March 2021, 18:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Renato Spakauskas - Clicking on the shape in different locations will result in different behaviors.

For example:

Tips: Before clicking-and-dragging the shape, hold the  

1. Shift key to maintain its aspect ratio.
  2. Alt key to keep its center to the same place.

More on Shapes in the following Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730713-Shapes

Userlevel 1

Hi @Robert Johnson, thanks for your reply. 

Now I can manage to drag my shapes without them losing their configuration.

Another issue that I didn’t mention is that when I duplicate a shape, the duplicated is not exactly like the original one. Take a look at this here. I just duplicated Specialty from Medic but they are different and I didn’t find a way to configure the Specialty shape. Is there a tip for this, as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Renato Spakauskas - I am perplexed as to how you ended up with that oblong/oval circle shape that is shaded?

How did you create the Medic shape? I created a mind map and used the central node to join to some text objects using connection lines:

However, I had never seen either shading in mind map nodes or that oval shape.

Userlevel 1

Now that you mentioned this, I remember I created it as a Mind Map. Man, I am really tired :joy::joy: It was a long time ago and now I feel a little stupid…

Anyway, I have a lot of these mind maps along in my board. And I think I was able to copy or duplicate them without loosing the original configuration. Do you know how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Renato Spakauskas - You can select any node on the mind map and duplicate using Ctrl/Cmd+D or copy-and-paste suing Ctrl/Cmd+C/V or you can do this from the context menu that pops up when you first select the objests.

You can duplicate just one node/branch, or the whole mind map (Shift+drag to select the whole thing).

It is possible too that the Miro has changed the mind map object styling since you created your old mind maps, so they may never duplicate exactly the same.

Userlevel 1

It makes sense.