Answered

Why is "save as PDF" and "save as image" not clickable? How can I save my concept map?

• 5 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Why is "save as PDF" and "save as image" not clickable? How can I save my concept map?

Neither option is available. Is this because I'm using a free account?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 August 2020, 05:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kate Campbell As I read this, my first thought was, yes, you are correct, there is no PDF or Image export of a board on the Free Plan. As I logged into my own Free Plan to test, I, too, noticed that Save as image and Save as PDF were greyed out/disabled/not clickable. So, I was going to suggest a few workarounds:

1. If your concept map isn’t too big, just take a screenshot of your Miro board.
  2. You can also put a Frame around objects, then click the Frame’s menu and select Export as image:

Note that on the Free Plan, you are limited to a small/low resolution export:

As I tested this, I notice that, while the Save as image and Save as PDF options were disabled the first time I clicked on the export this board icon (to the right of board name), when I clicked on export icon again, the options were available to me - this may be a bug:

Again, you’ll be limited to a small image (JPG) or PDF export.

Here’s a full list of features that are/are not available with the Free Plan: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-Features-Available

I made a new board with the free version. At that time, I was able to export as an image. I came back to it a few days later and added a few items. However, now the Save as Image and Save as PDF option are disabled. I tried adding a frame, and then trying to save as Image there. That option is also disabled in the Frame menu. Any ideas on what could have changed?