Skip to main content

I make a board open for public access to editing, it says they don’t have to sign in to edit… but when I share the link, they are forced to sign up for a miro account in order to see the board (the board flashes in front of them before forcing signing up)

am I doing something wrong? I’m in my paid consultant account. I click share. and then I click “anyone with the link can edit” It shows me this, which just isn’t working

@Robert.Best -

I’m assuming you are using the link from the dialog box below? I just did a quick test where I opened a board which was not publicly shared previously, made it publicly editable, and then launched a Chrome incognito browser window and accessed it from there. It successfully entered the board and recognized me as an anonymous guest editor.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale I have a similar problem - most of my guests can access the board with no problem, however one of my guests just gets a screen saying they need to sign up before they can access the board. Another of my colleagues also had this problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Leigh

@Leigh Tarver -

Can you confirm that you have shared the board with anonymous guest editor access? If not, then with “normal” sharing, participants do need to create a Miro account.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale I used the “Public link to board” set to “Can edit” then shared the public link. All but one of the guests could access fine - the one other person cleared out cookies & was then able to access the link fine. An alternative suggestion we haven’t yet tried is to use the “New incognito window” feature in Chrome - if it happens again we’ll try that & if it works I will post here.

Many thanks, Leigh

I’m getting the same problem. This shouldn’t be a grey area should it? Is this a policy change as I’ve never had this issue before. It’s HUGELY problematic to have to make my one session clients sign up to Miro. Anyone? Help?