Question

Which type of objects affect performance the most?

• 17 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Do certain objects have a bigger performance cost than others? e.g. would replacing 1 image with 10 squares and a piece of text be better for performance?

I’ve got a large board with 7k object which will be used for 4 x 4 hour sessions. It’s great to have everything all on one board, although navigating when zoomed out does have a bit of lag and I’m worried when there are 20 people on the board and collaborators’ cursors are displayed performance is going to suffer.

I’d like to try and keep everything on 1 board but I’d like to try and squeeze performance where possible to reduce chances of performance issues. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nick Tune -

In general, larger (resolution) objects such as high-res images will take longer to render than vector/text-based objects, especially for the initial rendering of a board.

There are some other tips provided in this Help Center article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013588560-Tips-to-Improve-Board-Performance

Kiron

Badge

I have about 6000 objects on the board. Performance only becomes a problem when I zoom out and all of the objects need to be painted on the screen.

But when I’m zoomed out most of the objects are so small it seems like Miro should just consider them invisible to improve performance.