Skip to main content

Hello everyone, I really like Miro but I have problems understanding the license model and need help to choose the right license. Here is my situation:
I offer online training based on a Miroboard. The participants should be able to work on the board and have access to the board for several days.  On the board itself, online group work takes place on uploaded canvases - in other words, the participants essentially “stick” Post-It notes.
All participants are employees of one of my clients. So no members of my team (I'm just a one-man show)
Can someone please enlighten me as to which license would be suitable for my needs. Many thanks in advance, Antonio 

Hi @Oinotna 

What you’re able to offer depends on what kind of plan you have (Free vs Starter or Business, etc).

This article explains why you may want to invite members as Guests, including the ability to invite guests to work on one or more boards without needing to invite them to your team. 

This article explains why you want to invite people as visitors, Visitors will be able to view, comment and edit depending on the access level you set and your plan type. More details about restrictions are in the articles. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks a lot. I think that helps.

best regards, 

@Oinotna - Let’s start by ruling out Free, Education, and Enterprise, which leaves Starter or Business.

I offer online training based on a Miro board. The participants should be able to work on the board and have access to the board for several days. On the board itself, online group work takes place on uploaded canvases - in other words, the participants essentially “stick” Post-It notes.

Both plans support the Visitors/public feature, which is how you would set a board’s permissions to allow for anyone with the link to access it – they can even do so without a Miro account. You could even set an optional password for the board.

Some things to note

• With the Visitors access method, there is only one permission type for all: Edit, Comment, or View.
  • And, you have no way of controlling who can access the board, e.g., anyone with the link (and password can access the board),

Need to solve those last to bullet points? Enter the Business Plan.

With this plan, you could use the Guest feature. This feature allows you to add a Miro account user (including free plan users) to a board, and to set their individual permissions. E.g., Bob needs to edit the board, but Jim and Sally only need to view it. With this feature, you can no also see why has access to your board, and change (or revoke) their permissions at any time.

The Business Plan also supports additional diagramming shapes, and unlimited team spaces, so you could segregate clients’ boards by team space, therefore reducing the risk of accidental sharing of the wrong board. Note: If using the Starter Plan, you want to use Spaces (FKA Projects) as the Starter Plan is a single-team space type plan.

For a full breakdown of plans and features available, go here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-features-available

More on Visitors, Guests, and Members here.