When creating a ticket in JIRA from within MIRO, is it possible to create an Issue link to another JIRA ticket (standard JIRA functionality)

• 4 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m new to using MIRO but am a JIRA systems admin. We have recently set up the intergation between MIRO and JIRA and it is working quite well.

However one problem which I have come across is in respect of the ability to link a ticket being created in MIRO to existing JIRA tickets - I wonder if this is possible at all?

To give some more detail, for one particular project in JIRA there is a requirement when creating a new “story” issue type, to link it to a “Feature” issue type using a certain link type (just uses the normal link issue functionality).  The create screen contains the “Linked Issues” field and the workflow in JIRA enforces this via a validator on the create transition.  

However when creating a new JIRA ticket in this project from within JIRA the linked issues field does not appear on the screen, therefore an error gets thrown up because when the MIRO user hits CREATE the validator on JIRA workflow kicks in.  

Is it just not possible to have the JIRA linked issues field on the MIRO ticket?  Or am I doing something wrong.  

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @David Lawless !

I'm afraid that the option to add Linked issues on Jira cards in Miro hasn't been implemented yet. Sorry about that!

I've passed your feedback along to the Integrations team so they could consider it as an improvement and see if we can add the feature to the backlog. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!