Question

What Team have been created by myself and which ones by someone else?

• 30 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

So I use Miro mainly at work. I have been using my personal account for work, and we have been using my private account with other colleagues. There are also “Teams” (Which I see more as Projects) created by my company and that belongs to them.

Now I need to use it again for myself. But I do not find a way to clearly and easily understand to whowm what “Team” belongs to, since Everything is shown and mixed together.
Please how can I make sure and check who created what team so I can make sure I am moving boards to those from work and not actually from one that belongs to me to another of mine, and also so that I can make sure noone else sees my private boards/projects?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What Team have been created by myself and which ones by someone else?

I do not find a way to clearly and easily understand to whom what “Team” belongs to

Please how can I make sure and check who created what team

There is currently no end-user visibility into who created a team.

A few questions

• Do you know what subscription/plan type your employer has?
  • With your personal email address, did you have your own Free Plan team or were you paying for a plan, e.g., Starter or Business?

What you can figure out on your own

If you don’t know what plan type your employer has, or if you cannot remember which Free Plan team “could” be yours, you could go through each of the team workspaces to see what you can learn.

In order to visualize the overall state of all of the team workspaces you are a member of, you could use a Miro board to take screenshots of the settings of all of the team workspaces that you are a member of. 

While you don’t have to do this, I personally like using a Miro board as a canvas to quickly copy-paste screenshots of information that I am going through as the moment I think back and ask myself, “Was I admin of that team?” or “Was this person also a member of that other team?”, then I have the information right in front of me.

Here’s what this could look like...

You could:

1. Start a Miro board (in any team) and if you want to make sure it is private, as long as you are creating the board in a paid (or Education) plan, set the board’s Share settings to → “Anyone at [TEAM NAME] to “No access”.
  2. Start going through each team space’s settings by looking at both the Team profile and Users pages. For both of these pages, you could now start taking screenshots and pasting them on a Miro board, for example:

You don’t need to add the callout bubbles like I have, I just added them as examples of things to note:

Something else to note:

• Free Plan – If you see word “free” beside the Miro logo, then this is a Free Plan team:
    • If you look at the Users page, if you are the only Team Admin, then you are the owner and could kick everyone else out.
  • Plans with a Company-level structure, i.e., Business or Enterprise – Even if you are the only member, i.e., Team Admin, of a team that is a part of a Business or Enterprise Plan team, then this team is not owned by you and could be deleted at any time, e.g.:

• Create a new team – If you are still unsure and want to know that you are the only member of a team, you could create a new:
    • paid team using the Add teams action:
    • Free Plan team by
      • creating a new Miro account with an email address that you have never used with Miro before
      • Adding your current personal email address as a user/member of that team
      • promoting that user to Team Admin
      • Now when you login to Miro with your current personal email address, you will see a new team workspace that you are the Team Admin
        • Optional: Delete the temp user/member (that you just used to set up the new team) from the team so that your current personal email address if the only user of the team.

I know – that was a lot! Let us know if you have any questions :)