Question

What is this font - Different fontstyle in Stickies ??

• 27 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 743 replies

Hi together,

I’m a bit confused by watching this video:

you will see this font in stickies:

… but when I place the same text onto my stickies the font does look completely different:

So … is there any new font on the way to us …

Michael​​​​​​​

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mlanders 

Thanks for your question! This is indeed interesting, because I’ve just tested this on my side - fonts look identical as you can see. Could you please send a GIF which shows that you do the same what I did, yet the outcome is different? Additionally, please try to do the same in Incognito mode - cookies and cache may affect the final outcome. Look forward to hearing back from you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nikita Granin :

No matter wich Browser I use

(Firefox / Edge / Chrome)

Empty Cache

- the result is always the same.

Are you using the Windows-App?

How does the rest of you other miro users see the font?

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Mine looks like @mlanders and always has - I am running Windows 10. I believe the majority of Miro staff macOS users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson :

So the answer might be: macOS users are seeing an other font than Windows users get …
Is it really this way … Is there any macOS miro user out there and tell us:

Yes, that is true

By looking inte the Website whatfontis.com you will see that there are same existing fonts …

I’m asking myself why cannot every user get the same font?

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mlanders & @Nikita Granin - Let’s test this.

I created a board where you can add;

1. your OS info
  2. two sticky notes and set the font style to the non-standard/cursive-like (I’m not a font person - you know what I mean :wink:)
  3. and then take a screenshot and add it to the board, so we can compare what we’re seeing by OS.

Here’s what it looks like:

I will PM you the board link.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, @Robert Johnson and @mlanders,

I put my sticky note and the appearance indeed depends on the OS.

I also spoke with our Tech Team. They mentioned that the only option is to apply certain changes to the Miro code on our side. This request was added to the backlog, but, I am afraid, we can't share any ETA yet, because the Team has no immediate plans to implement changes. The reason is - we're currently aiming at the development of some other functionality mainly connected with collaboration

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. You can always get back in touch with us via this form

Have a great day ahead!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson @Nikita Granin :

I’ve checked this on my Samsung Tab S3 … - No matter with the APP or via Browser:

The change of the font has no effect om my stickies …

Can anybody tell me if higher Samsung Tabs f.e. Samsung Tab S7+ are supportet when it comes to fontchanging in Stickies?

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I cannot change the sticky note font on my Miro mobile app, so I would say this is not available on the tablet app either.

The Mobile App help center article notes limited functionality, but the Tablet App article does not use the same wording.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mlanders & @Nikita Granin - Let’s test this.

I created a board where you can add;

I will PM you the board link.

@Robert Johnson : Thank you Robert for all your work and the link!

I hope that one day we will be able to see this in miro:

Michael