What happened to selecting preview area for thumbnails?

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I can no longer find the setting where you specify the subregion of a board from which to create a thumbnail. All I have access to is a bunch of (IMO) ugly icons. Has this feature moved to some other screen?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Simeon Fitch -

You can access it by opening the board, clicking on the board name in the top left, click on Change Thumbnail and then scroll down the list of icons to the bottom and click on Select board area (see below).

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Poor UX for me… I would never use the Out of Box Icons. Please place the Upload and Select Board Area Buttons at the top of the Scroll Window.

😉

At min I would prefer it auto generated a thumb from a View All. May not be perfect but the graphics chosen are beyond useless - they are confusing because they not only don’t represent the content they are graphical representations of other concepts. It would be lazy but I would prefer the generic M icon.

It also isn’t supported in all browsers. The option doesn’t even exist when using with Edge. I also heard it isn’t supported in Safari??

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It also isn’t supported in all browsers. The option doesn’t even exist when using with Edge. I also heard it isn’t supported in Safari??

I noted the option missing in Edge just yesterday and reported to the support team. I cannot find any mentions in the Help Center of this being a limitation in Edge.

Post where I am tracking the issue → https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/investigating-edge-browser-option-to-select-an-area-of-the-board-as-thumbnail-missing-15745