Voting for users withiut license without edit permissions?

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, first question here.

I was wondering if I can share a link to a board for users without a Miro account/license that enables them to be able to cast votes without having to enable edit permissions for the link. Without it guests can access the board but every couple of seconds they get the pop-up that notifies them”Voting session started”. The guest clicks “Join now” but the pop-up re-appears.

Any idea if I did something wrong here?

Thanks for the help.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Florian Hein -

I just tried it with a test board with a view-only user and a comments-only user and it worked fine for both. Both were able to join the voting session and vote successfully.

The pop-up went away after I joined the voting session and never reappeared. 

This might be system-specific so if you are able to get that guest to try again (or if you can reproduce it), I’d suggest recording a Loom video of the behavior and contacting Miro support via this link: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Florian Hein -

I just tried it with a test board with a view-only user and a comments-only user and it worked fine for both. Both were able to join the voting session and vote successfully.

The pop-up went away after I joined the voting session and never reappeared. 

This might be system-specific so if you are able to get that guest to try again (or if you can reproduce it), I’d suggest recording a Loom video of the behavior and contacting Miro support via this link: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Hi there. No idea why but trying it a couple of days later it’s working as described. Perhaps some session or cookie issue. Anyway, case closed. Thanks.