Voting does not start!

• 15 January 2021
  • 13 replies

Hi,

i’m on the education plan. I’ve invited guest users to vote. I’ve created the voting session, but if i click start now, the voting does not start. I just see upcoming votes. Is there something wrong?

Thanks

Patrick

Marina 3 years ago

Hi @Patrick Fritz @TomQuijote @kprobst @Alvaro Junqueira @Violet Whitney 

The team told me that the issue with voting on the Education Plan has been resolved. Could you please check it now and confirm if it is working as expected?

View original

13 replies

The same for me. Educational license.

• the voting button also does not appear at the bottom toolbar, but at the “Interact” menu.
  • I can create the voting, but I can’t start it.

I think, this could be an issue related to the user rights only for users with educational licenses.

Greetings Thomas

Maybe a bug?

Maybe just a conflict at user roles. I think, they enabled the voting for the “educational users” but missed to set something at another point. So we see it, could open it, but when trying to start it, there is a conflict.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Patrick Fritz @TomQuijote,

Indeed, there is an issue with voting. The engineering team is already aware of it, so please stay tuned for the fix. I’ll update this thread as soon as I hear from the team. 

same issue here: education plan, can set up voting sessions but when starting the voting nothing happens. the bug seems to have been introduced rather recently though - last time I have used the voting feature was on December 10th. Back then, everything worked out fine… Please fix!

Same here. Looking forward to a quick solution.

Many thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Patrick Fritz @TomQuijote @kprobst @Alvaro Junqueira @Violet Whitney 

The team told me that the issue with voting on the Education Plan has been resolved. Could you please check it now and confirm if it is working as expected?

Hi Marina,

thank you for your message. Yes, I tested it and it seems to work! Great!

Greetings Thomas

Its working! Thank you for the quick turn around.

Hello, I’m testing out how to set up voting options but the voting does not start. It was working an hour ago when I first started, but not now. Please can you advise me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Programmes Team - Are you trying to start a newly created voting session?

is this a voting session you previously created, but Saved to vote later?

What happens when you click the Start now button? Does the side pane close/do you get an error message/does the button flash to indicate a click was registered?

Are you using a browser? Miro desktop app?

If a browser, does it work when you are in a private/incognito browser window? (perhaps a browser extension is causing problems).

I have created a voting opertunity for many users in the organisation by sharing a link to the board. Only some users gets the possibility to vote…!?

Can anybody help?

All the best

Jeppe

Userlevel 2

It is very strange. When I am the only person on the board or one more person, I can start voting. But when 9 people it just wouldn’t start. I am not on educational plan.