Question

Visitor names - beta access

• 6 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Is it possible to have access to the beta feature whereby visitors to boards (accessing via a shared link) can enter their real name rather than being anon. (without them signing up for an account) thanks

Visitor names (BETA) – Miro Help Center

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rosita_ryvita -

I don’t believe this is a beta feature any more. To enable that, when you share the board, click on the Sharing Settings link in the Share dialog box and then enable the option in the Permissions tab (see below).

Kiron

Hi Kiron

Thanks for this.  In sharing settings I don’t have that option I only have these

I think the board is public - I’ve set it to ‘anyone with the link can edit’ .  I have a Starter account.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

From the Help Center article:

Available for: Education, Business, and Enterprise plans 

Thanks Henrik.

Hi there,
I have a similar question while embedding Miro into MS Teams.

If I share a Miro in a meeting within MS Teams via the Miro-App, no registration/login is required for other meeting participants - collaboartion working great so far. Unfortunately, the (real) name from MS Teams is not used within Miro but instead having again random visitor names.

In addition, however, the problem is that even if the "add guest's name"-option is enabled and also offered via a link share in the browser, this option is not offered in the embedded MS Teams app. 

It would be great if either the name is taken from MS Teams (preference) or alternatively at least offered to enter a custom visitor name. 
Is that possible? Is that coming? Does anybody know?

Thanks a lot!