Version 1.6 not supported error

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’m trying to upload a back up of a Miro board and 4 of the 5 back ups have no problem at all. However, the final one refuses to upload and in both the web browser and the app I encounter an error that states “Version 1.6 is not supported!” 

When googling and checking the community, I can’t find much mention of version 1.6 and it seems no one else has encountered this error. I suspect this is some kind of pay wall issue. Is that correct? I am on an education plan and perhaps my comrade who created the board originally may be on a paid version that has extra features, meaning I can not use the content shared with me by him. Is there a way around this? I can access his original board but I am unable to copy it because I’m not part of his team, so they generously sent me the backup file of it. However, I can’t upload it because of this version error. Essentially I’m just looking for a way to make and edit a copy of a board that’s been shared with me. Any suggestions for this are much appreciated

3 replies

Facing the very same issue. Though I’m on the Enterprise plan, so I believe it’s not a paywall thing. I wonder if it has to do anything with yesterdays outtage? 

Same error on my new Enterprise-Plan board! Did backups yesterday and would upload my backups...

Does anybody know a solution?

Found a workaround!

1. Backup again your board
  2. Import this new backup again

Works for me :-)

It seems that previous backups are no longer compatible :-(
Luckily, I still had access to all the old boards...

Regards, Philippe