Using video chat during smart meeting

• 20 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m able to run a Smart Meeting and I can use Video Chat but I don’t appear to be able to run a Smart Meeting and use Video Chat at the same time.

Is this not possible does anyone know?

I’d like to run a remote workshop where I can control the flow but also still have the ability to talk with them via video.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Michael and Stanley - I just tested this myself and am getting results similar to yours - if I have a video chat in progress and then start the Smart Meeting, the video chat bubbles disappear. And when I stop the Smart Meeting, the Video Chat icon on the top-right “apps” toolbar shows there is a video chat in progress, but clicking on the icon does nothing - it’s like the Smart Meetings hid the toolbar, but never “unhid” it when the meeting ended.

Because Smart Meetings is still in beta, it is feedback such as yours that will help them sort these glitches out. I would suggest reporting this to the product via the Give us feedback link at the bottom of the Meeting sidebar - I would suggest that you include a link to this post as well.

I’ll do that, thanks for the comments.