Question

Using multiple Miro boards at the same time

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I am currently looking into alternatives to Google Jamboards and Miro is currently our top choice but I have a couple of points for clarification:

• As a training company, we regularly run multiple virtual workshops at the same time which would require external users working on different boards at the same time. Would 1 ‘starter membership’ be enough to work in this way? For example, two live workshops typically have 15 people in each and would be working on two boards at the same time.
  • Is there a way boards can be shared with external users (our participants) in a way that restricts their ability to edit/delete content of the boards e.g. title, description of the activity.
  • Are there any restrictions on Miro boards for users in China?

Many thanks

Courtney

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@EFG Jamboards - Welcome to the Community!

I’ll try to answer what I can:

As a training company, we regularly run multiple virtual workshops at the same time which would require external users working on different boards at the same time. Would 1 ‘starter membership’ be enough to work in this way? For example, two live workshops typically have 15 people in each and would be working on two boards at the same time.

A Starter Plan would work fine here. Keep in mind, though, if you were running live sessions with multiple boards, with multiple participants on the boards, there are certain actions that only the board owner, i.e., the person who created the board, can take on the board. So, if you had a Starter Plan with only one paid licensed user, that person may find it hard to suddenly need to be making changes to multiple boards during a live sessions should an unforeseen situation arise. With the Business Plan, there is a Co-owner role which would give another paid member elevated permissions on the boards. But if you decide to stick with the Starter Plan, I would advise that you have at least two paid seats, so that the other person could own and manage half of the boards. Again, a single license on a Stater Plan will still technically work for the scenario you have described.

Is there a way boards can be shared with external users (our participants) in a way that restricts their ability to edit/delete content of the boards e.g. title, description of the activity.

Your only option here is to lock any objects that you do not want your board participants to edit/move/delete/etc.

Are there any restrictions on Miro boards for users in China?

Not that I am aware of, however, I will need to defer to the @Miro Community Team to provide an official answer.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @EFG Jamboards 

Thanks for taking time to post your feedback. No, there are no restrictions on Miro within China. 

Cheers!